Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • android question,
  • mrmo
    Free Member

just got a new phone, Galaxy S, i have got it to find my wireless network and it is obviously set up for 3g. How do i know which it is using for data? I want it to use the network by default.

allthepies
    Free Member

Got a Galaxy S myself yesterday 🙂

Still playing with it but so far it uses any connected Wifi network in preference to 3G. Don’t know if that preference order can be changed.

retro83
    Free Member

If it is connected to the wifi, it will use that.

In fact, when you connect to wifi, you will see the <)))) symbol appear showing the wifi connection is active, and the H/3g/G/E mobile data logo will disappear.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

May I suggest Darky’s rom.

DickBarton

I’ve got a Desire on Vodafone…anyone know when gingerbread will be available for it?

Not intended as a hijacking, just another Android question.

TheFlyingOx

Have a look here, Special Agent.

ross980
    Free Member

Download a free app called 3g watchdog. It tells you how much data you’ve used in the month (and gives alarms at set points) – it also automatically starts when the phone is using 3G so can tell at glance whether the phone is is using wifi or 3G.

fisha
    Free Member

3G watchdog is brilliant and does exactly what you need. As already mentioned, android will show a wifi symbol when on the broadband, the the 3G will appear when it’s on cellular. If 3G watchdog is running then a small icon appears at the top too. The watchdog also has an widget which updates at set intervals so it shows you on home screen all the time how much you’ve used in the month.

mrmo
    Free Member

thanks for that 3g watchdog, it was something that was concerning me a little.

-Liam-
    Free Member

DickBarton – Member
    I’ve got a Desire on Vodafone…anyone know when gingerbread will be available for it?

Not intended as a hijacking, just another Android question.

It won’t. HTC arent releasing Gingerbread firmware for the Desire.

Should be out for the Galaxy s soon. Was released a week or so ago through kies but Google pulled the update because of problems.

-Liam-
    Free Member

mrmo – Member
    thanks for that 3g watchdog, it was something that was concerning me a little.

Its actually really surprising how little 3g data you use if you make use of al wireless connections available. I use a counter that counts both wireless and 3g and the 3g usage isnt really worth talking about and I watch the odd video at work, net all day and stuff like f1 qualifying on a saturday morning when I’m in. I thought it’d be more but I never get near the limit of my usage.

TheFlyingOx

It won’t. HTC arent releasing Gingerbread firmware for the Desire.

Should be out for the Galaxy s soon. Was released a week or so ago through kies but Google pulled the update because of problems.

Sony Ericsson aren’t releasing it for the X10 either, but I have an X10 running Gingerbread thanks to the wizards at XDA Developers.

DickBarton

Ox need a chat…I dinnae understand thon site you gave me!!! Got an eejit guide please?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘android question,’ is closed to new replies.