Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • android phone slow loading FB and twitter/internet
  • dreednya

As this appears to be the place for no-nonsense advice on phones when compared to more specific forums (being serious here), I’m going to throw this one at the masses. Have a HTC desire HD and it takes ages to load FB and Twitter or anything to do with the internet. It doesn’t matter where I am, though can appear to be quicker at times.

It is my only gripe with the phone and do not want to change it – so any hints/advice

Rickos
    Free Member

I don’t use the FB app on my Desire anymore as it was so slow and looking at the app feedback many people have the same issue. The FB website is quicker, so I use that. As for other stuff, mine loads OK, so can’t really help on that.

woody2000

I find clearing the cache on HTC/Android phones helps. FB app on my Desire is pretty quick though, at least compared to the Wildfire I had before anyway.

druidh
    Free Member

Like Rickos says – the FB App can be dire. I avoid it unless on a WiFi network. If you can manage to navigate with the full browser, go in that way.

Friendstream seems to be a bit better too.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I have the same phone and fb is slow to load, internet and Twitter etc all seem fine though, I don’t think the phone is very stable as my network provider had to replace it as the previous phones GPS was slow and wouldnt lock on, and phone kept crashing, the new handset GPS is great however phone still crashes 🙁

stumpy01

FB app on Android is dire. It used to work, but was a bit clunky. Then they released a ‘better’ one with loads more functionality and it’s rubbish.

Friendstream works OK.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

same as above, facebook app is carp on my android as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘android phone slow loading FB and twitter/internet’ is closed to new replies.