Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • And with depressingly predictable inevitability…….
  • binners

Woman seriously burned decanting petrol

Decanting petrol into containers in the kitchen with the cooker on? 😯

Dear God! I wonder if Francis Maude will be popping to visit her in hospital?

Stoner
    Free Member

why? does he have a brain transplant for her?

soma_rich
    Free Member

sobriety
    Free Member

Technically, that’s incorrect, as she was decanting petrol for her daughter, who’d run out.

druidh
    Free Member

That was lucky, or she might have got burnt too.

binners

Not really true Darwinism though. She’d managed to breed first

scaredypants

*sniggers* at druidh

poor cow – hopefully this’ll bring down the entire government, hey ?

teasel
    Free Member

On a news report yesterday a fire officer was sat advising folk not to store petrol in the house. I kept thinking if anyone really needs informing of such dangers.

Clearly…

DezB
    Free Member

Some sensible advice from the fire brigade there.
    I was thinking of filling my bath with petrol, but they say not to bring it into the home. Bugger.

scaredypants

Dez, I’ve got 2 baths in the garden, brim full of petrol. I’m alright for weeks

Barbie this weekend if anyone fancies it ?

kimbers

obviously a stupid thing to do but the entire crisis has been created and exacerbated by the government for their own personal gain; Cameron, warsi, road and transport ministers, maude – even direct advice to store petrol in the home

torries in bringing the country to its knees Shocker !

rossi46
    Free Member

project
    Free Member

a chap a few years ago to clean his dirty overalls poured petrol into his washing machine soap dispenser, and switched on, a huge fire ensued.

rossi46
    Free Member

Pook

Stoner – on this week’s performance I don’t think swapping for Francis Maude’s brain would be of any benefit.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Scraping together some sort of semi-excuse for the poor woman, I don’t think everyone realises that petrol doesn’t burn nice and politely like paraffin. Nor should they normally be worried about that, because normally cynical politicians aren’t telling them to keep petrol at home.

Frodo

obviously a stupid thing to do but the entire crisis has been created and exacerbated by the government for their own personal gain; Cameron, warsi, road and transport ministers, maude – even direct advice to store petrol in the home

Own personal gain?

No they’ve quite clearly made a right hash of it but the intention was to build resiliance into the coutrys fuel supply by ensuring people’s tanks were full.

What they’ve done is overdone it …and like I said made a right hash of it.

aracer
    Free Member

even direct advice to store petrol in the home

Got a direct quote on that?

wwaswas

I was thinking of filling my bath with petrol

I would but I’ve already filled mine with stamps and pasties.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Frodo – while everyone’s talking about pies and petrol, they’ve privatised the NHS. You could argue they’ve played a blinder

aracer
    Free Member

kimbers

@aracer news.sky.com/home/business/article/16197699

it was in an interview on sky

not to mention that there is no fuel strike and one won’t be called till after Easter
    the entire crisis has been created by either an incredibly incompetent or dangerously selfish government intent on using this to harm the unions and divert attention from their own corruption

binners

a dangerously selfish government intent on using this to harm the unions and divert attention from their own corruption

Nail on head there kimbers. The Tories don’t give a flying **** about creating chaos for the rest of us. Just as long as it doesn’t interfere with them and their friends making yet more money

D0NK

This government is screwed up, it knows the public can’t be trusted to look after themselves so they bang more tax on pasties booze and fags but then say “panic buy and keep loads volatile fuel in your home”.

thegreatape
    Free Member

WGAF? My car’s diesel.

falkirk-mark

Dez, I’ve got 2 baths in the garden, brim full of petrol. I’m alight for weeks

FTFY

thegreatape
    Free Member

globalti
    Free Member

It happens even more regularly in Africa:

Sabotaged pipeline explosion kills hundreds

aracer
    Free Member

@aracer news.sky.com/home/business/article/16197699

it was in an interview on sky

I was kind of after somebody suggesting storing petrol in your home, as you suggested somebody had said. Still waiting…

jon1973
    Free Member

Woman seriously burned decanting petrol

That’s awful. How much fuel was wasted?

D0NK

I was kind of after somebody suggesting storing petrol in your home

AFAIK he said keep it in your garage so all those home owners without a garage, when a senior government official says “quick stockpile petrol NOW”, will say “oh I don’t have a garage I won’t bother then”? yeah right. As I mentioned above if you don’t trust the public not to drink/eat/smoke themselves to death WTF would you trust them to store petrol safely?

aracer
    Free Member

You have a point – but still no “direct advice to store petrol in the home”

kimbers

what if your garage is part of the house?

you can split hairs all you like but the government brought this mess about and idiotic advice from francis maude only made people even more panicky, advice that was criticised the fire service immediately

aracer
    Free Member

The thread complaining about the fuel crisis is over here, kimbers. Would it also be splitting hairs to point out that most people don’t have a cooker in their garage? Blaming Francis Maude for stupid people setting themselves on fire is like blaming the car for running somebody over.

mk1fan
    Free Member

On a news report yesterday a fire officer was sat advising folk not to store petrol in the house. I kept thinking if anyone really needs informing of such dangers.

Have to agree with this.

Given the amount of publicity that there isn’t a petrol shortage (significantly more publicity than the original ‘panic buy’ rubbish) it does make you question how smart the ‘public’ really is.

Great photo too!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Blaming Francis Maude for stupid people setting themselves on fire is like blaming the car for running somebody over

yu are correct but what we dont know s whether any of this would have happened without the govt’s actions and advice.

yes she was daft but so was the advice
    Many peoples garage is physically attached to the house with bedrooms above …does that count as your home ?

i am sure Maude has only ever seen detached garages hence whey he appears so detached from reality

poly
    Free Member

You could probably argue Mr Maud has done more for the fire safety / “don’t store petrol at home” campaign than any other minister at any other time. Anyone who was susceptible to the government / media* hyped panic buying presumably would have been equally aware of the AA, FBU and others advising against using Jerry Cans, etc.

* Which stimulated panic buying more – David Cameron suggesting its probably a good idea to fill your car up OR the media pictures of queues outside garages?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Poly, the media don’t just make up stories you know. Well, not on that scale anyway. There would be nothing to report on if the government had’t created this situation. It’s not like it was any suprise whatsoever that panic buying happened was it?

samuri
    Free Member

I’m sorry, did anyone ever think the public were ‘smart’?

They watch ‘take me out’ and buy the daily mail for christs sake!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It must be seriously depressing to think that the majority of people are stupid. I can’t imagine how someone would cope with that feeling.

💡 I guess that the overwhelming sense of superiority must give them the uplift needed to carry on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘And with depressingly predictable inevitability…….’ is closed to new replies.