Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)
  • And this is why you can only get a job in a shop…
  • grumm
    Free Member

What if you had asked specifically for a £20 note as cashback and they didn't have any £20 notes? 😛

hilldodger
    Free Member

And still, after all these responses, those sitting on high are still missing the fact that the original post was only ever meant to be said in jest.

I would think most of the replies are somewhat tongue in cheek as well 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

This must rank as one of the most spectacularly worthless threads ever on STW – bravo!

Agreed, yet I keep coming back for a peek wondering how it's going to end.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

leaves her in such a state of permanent extacy that the mundanity

LOL that from someone whose life is so not full of <ahem>extacy and mundanity that they can work themselves into a lather because a shop not only doesn't sell £20 gift vouchers, but <gasp> a shop assistant tells him that.
    mastilles, thanks, I thought I was bored, but I am way, way short of that level of tedium.

hilldodger
    Free Member

……wondering how it's going to end.

Smiles and virtual 'high 5s' all round ????

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOL – it was only meant to be an *amusing* tag

Very amusing – you must be so proud to have come up with that particularly school yard response. Do you fancy coming round to see me so you can push me into a muddy puddle too?

I am really quite stunned at the moral indignation shown by some of the people on here – it is all a bit of a shame really. I though that, in general, people that come on here understand that the chat forum is (mostly) a place for light-hearted banter and to have a bit of fun.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

you can push me into a muddy puddle too

Are you sure you've got soap to clean yourself with if that happens?
    Would you like some Lush vouchers, just in case?

grumm
    Free Member

Like the light-hearted banter and fun from hilldodger that you are whining about? 😉

traildog
    Free Member

Vouchers are not the same as cash. You do not get change from vouchers. Asking for 20pounds worth of vouchers is NOT the same as asking for two 10pound vouchers or 4 5pound vouchers. The girl was asking you what you wanted. It was obviously you who didn't engage brain to realise that a 20pound voucher is not the same as two 10pound vouchers. And people keep pointing it out, and yet you still don't get the point. The girl probably earns minimum wage, gets crap holiday allowance, works loads of hours (maybe some of which are unpaid to close up the shop) and still has to suffer insults because she's smarter than the people who shop there, by people who earn far more and think they're so superior.

For the last time, what you should have asked for is 20pounds worth of vouchers, not a 20pound voucher…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am not sure specific statements about my health, said deliberately to insult me really rank as 'light-hearted' though do they?

Are you sure you've got soap to clean yourself with if that happens?
    Would you like some Lush vouchers, just in case?

That – I like. Amusing and on topic 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

grumm – Member

Like the light-hearted banter and fun from hilldodger that you are whining about?

Indeed – live by the sword and die by it.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I am really quite stunned at the moral indignation shown by some of the people on here

Now I KNOW you're trolling 😉

takisawa2

Sales meeting at work some time ago…
    "Dudley Screenwipers…where are they based & what do they make then…?"

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

For the last time, what you should have asked for is 20pounds worth of vouchers, not a 20pound voucher…

And for the last time, had I known that she would not be able to grasp the idea that I only wanted vouchers to that value, then I would have asked more specifically for vouchers to the value of £20.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Indeed – live by the sword and die by it.

Reads – post something meant as amusing for other forum members, get personal insults about my sexual ability in return.

Perhaps it is my fault for posting during school holidays?

gonefishin
    Free Member

Reads – post something meant as amusing for other forum members, get personal insults about my sexual ability in return.

More like – insults someones intelligence then takes the hump when someone else insults you.

Neither comment was particulary amusing if you ask me.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think I have finally realised – I am being trolled by several members, seeing how much of a rise they can now get out of me, so I think it is about time I leave.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I visited the same Lush shop. I told the assistant that I wanted to buy a wasp. The idiot said she hadn't got any, even though there was one in the window.

hilldodger
    Free Member

so I think it is about time I leave

and to think, we so nearly made the sweet wun'undred together….

…..misssing you already dahling :blows big kiss:

keavo
    Free Member

come on, keep going this thread is ace. what happened in the end, did you get the niece some cider:-)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

100 posts on the most pointless thread ever
    Hurray

molgrips
    Free Member

So in your eyes it is okay to post about bad service, but not when the assistant opens their mouth before engaging brain?

Everyone has bad moments. I've said some silly things in my time and tbh I'd be offended if someone thought it was indicative of my intelligence and then posted on a forum for everyone to laugh at me and show how I was worthless and good for only the most menial jobs in life.

Saying something daft isn't bad service.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzuusss, there's some pedantic people on STW today!

I've read the whole thread, (but I might have missed it) has it occored to people that MF might not have known that vouchers only came as £5 & £20?
    If so, his question was entirely innocent and correct.

theotherjonv

I think M_F was right.

She'll probably buy a tenner's worth of Lush, show them to her parents who won't have a clue how much £10 of Lush really is. Then she'll be posting her spare £10 voucher on twitter or whatever it is kids do now, accept £8 for it and spend the ill-gotten proceeds on cider and crack.

You bastard, M_F.

traildog
    Free Member

I've read the whole thread, (but I might have missed it) has it occored to people that MF might not have known that vouchers only came as £5 & £20?

Exactly, but why did he feel the need to post a thread calling the girl stupid when all she did was point out that they don't do 20pound vouchers?

The logic that she could infer that he actually could do with 2 £10 vouchers falls short when you consider that vouchers are quite different from money and can only be exchanged in store with no change given. So getting 4 £5 vouchers is different from getting 2 £10 or 1 £20 voucher (if they actually had them). She was asking him what did he actually want..

I cannot believe I've explained that yet again. I guess I feel sorry for this hard working girl who is being called names for doing a good job. And I hate the snobbishness that she "only works in a shop" when she's obviously brighter than the original poster…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I cannot believe I've explained that yet again

I cannot believe how pedanic you are.

traildog
    Free Member

Learn the meaning of the word pedantic before using it. If it's a minor detail, why did he feel the need to post slagging someone off about it? Its the whole basis of his post, so hardly a minor detail and he's wrong in his presumption.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I cannot believe I've explained that yet again.

Possibly because there are people on here too stupid to understand it, and by inference too stupid to work in Lush, or other shops selling a limited range of gift vouchers.

thegreatape
    Free Member

pedanic

😀

Olly
    Free Member

i think thats perfectly fair.

you asked for a 20
    she doesnt have a 20
    she offers you another denomination

shes probably on the lush forum right now….

some berk came in and asked for a 20 gift voucher, but when i offered him 5s and 10s, he looked utterly bemmused, stupid mountain biking twit cant do basic arithmetic.
    what a dullard

would you have complained if you asked for a 20, and she handed you two tens without even asking you first?

berk indeed 😉

Swalsey
    Free Member

Whether this guy is serious or not, the attitude of looking down and judging that shop assistant as stupid, or implying that a job in a shop is somehow a bad thing ('you can ONLY get a job in a shop') is aweful. I have spent 4 years working in a bar and a cycle shop being judged and talked to like dirt, usually coming from professionals, because they have this attitude.

Now I'm a professional, and the way these idiots refer to these apparantly lesser people really gets my back up. I wonder if they have ever had to work for minimum wage…

MTT
    Free Member

<walks in and looks around>

<leaves>

Olly
    Free Member

of course, tis the season for a summer job.

dunno how old this lass was, but i hope shes taking a summer out from her final year at uni.

give it a few years and she could well be the OP-ers Boss!! 🙂
    that would be nice :p

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Read the entire thread, which passed an afternoon tea break – top post MF.

Meadowhell Lush is ace, nice stuff and pleasant staff – took the wife and kids away in the camper for her birthday and secreted a large box of their products under the rear seat, halfway to Angelsey this little voice from the back pipes up "can anyone else smell Lush" good job eternity rings are odourless!!

silverpigeon
    Free Member

they can work themselves into a lather

LOL. Did you mean to say that

tomzo
    Free Member

I don't get the jaffa tag?? Are you a biscuit that is unfairly called a cake?

grumm
    Free Member

I had to google it. Seedless…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The jaffa tag was a bit nasty mefeels.

However, m_f having a pop at someone doing a macjob who happened to answer him with a perceived stupid answer was also a bit nasty (but doesn't warrant the jaffa thing…that was very personal).

And then, the "you can only get a job in a shop" thing. Some of the nicest most pleasant people I deal with are on the tills at my local sainsburys…jesus, they do a boring job and must have to deal with right cocks some of the day. So I try to pass the time of day with them, have a wee chat and joke about my inability to pack a bag. And most of them are lovely back. A smile, a joke, a thanks, a cheerio. It's these little things that brighten everyone's day up.

When do do something for a living where people automatically assume you could only have one level of education (fairly low) and treat you as some kind of amoebic member of society there to help them and them alone, you can grow fairly hostile to the attitude displayed by m_f. I've experienced it first hand. I know you were only making a joke, but it backfired just a little.

How would you feel if someone from a flash London agency took a look at your agency's work (which is just great by the way) and posted on upyourarsedesignersinlondonworld.com "that's why he runs an agency in **** Hartlepool"?

69er
    Free Member

I think the content of this thread says more about the poster than he would care to admit. One for the archive m_f!

cinnamon_girl

Well said deadlydarcy.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 121 total)

The topic ‘And this is why you can only get a job in a shop…’ is closed to new replies.