Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Amy Macdonald
  • rOcKeTdOg
    druidh
    Free Member

Good song, but it feels over-produced. Typical 2nd album stuff when the studios get too involved,

GJP
    Free Member

Bought both albums this last week. Much prefer the first for it simplicity and freshness.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ziggy
    Free Member

:old man alert:

Who?

Quite tidy though

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I hate her voice!!!

Tiger6791

Amy MacDonald = Music guilty pleasure

I also had 'Levelling the land' playing this week on Spotify again

Levellers = Music guily pleasure

but then again also had the U.F.Orb on

The Orb = Music guily pleasure

& The KLF, Carter USM, The Farm, Lemon Jelly 🙂

argh b0110cks I think she's brilliant.

Like a 00's Lorraine McIntosh

Old man alert = Spot on

tony_m
    Free Member

Good song, but it feels over-produced. Typical 2nd album stuff when the studios get too involved,

Indeed. Personally I much prefer this kind of thing…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb1bZCYgJc4

Nick

She's gonna have nice jowls in a couple of years, Lisa Hannigan has a much nicer voice.

starseven
    Free Member

Loved both albums, very good cover of dancing in the dark on the second one.

devs
    Free Member

I'm going to see Amy at the end of the month for the 2nd time. She's great in a chill out music kind of way. Talks to the crowd too which is more than a load of "artists" these days.

tiger – I've seen the Levellers about 5 times now, probably the best performance I've ever seen at T in the Park. Magic. Carter USM good but the rest of your mantions I could do without.

Liked Lisa Hanigan when she was with Damien Rice but her stuff since has been a bit lacking since. Obviously if she'd done the cooking and washing up and then then asked nicely I'd have to give her one.

Marge
    Free Member

Amy McDonalds voice makes me feel really uncomfortable. Bit like finger nails on a blackboard feeling…..
    It doesn't help that the music sounds like Levellers B sides. (old man vinyl reference).

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Mostly harmless!

Way over-produced.

geetee1972
    Free Member

This is a good example of what I like to call the Katie Melba effect; the popularity with middle age men of her massively over produced (and desperately pretentious – 'being 21 acting 17' anyone?) music means that any time a new young female talent emerges, she is immediately grabbed and produced to within an inch of her musical life in order to sell shed loads of albums to thirty/forty something men with paunches.

Same thing happened to KT Tunstall although she massively redeemed herself with her 'Acoustica' album. Norah Jones, Katie Buchaven, Dildo, Duffy et al are all also victims of this.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Same thing happened to KT Tunstall although she massively redeemed herself with her 'Acoustica' album. Norah Jones, Katie Buchaven, Dildo, Duffy et al are all also victims of this.

all bloody awful –

rOcKeTdOg

she is immediately grabbed and produced to within an inch of her musical life in order to sell shed loads of albums to thirty/forty something men with paunches

i believe you'll find that the music industry is a business and this is what they do. AM signed a contract to sell music for a profit, it's the on one of music rather than the twisty lynskey that no one actually buys

anyway never mind the sound, she looks great *goes off to pat paunch*

snowslave

eurovision already?

devs
    Free Member

You might be right down South but in Scotland she is seen as a bit of a national treasure. She's never been off pub jukeboxes since she first emerged. A bit like the Proclaimers.

BigDummy
    Free Member

The Scots are very sweet. 🙂

steviegil
    Free Member

seen her in the barrowlands a couple of years back and she was very good, going to get her new album later on today 🙂

geoffj

It'll be big in Germany.

Bit too Sinead O'Connor really.

J0N
    Free Member

Listened to her new album a couple of times but cant really get into it. Not nearly as catchy. First album was much better but even that took a couple of months before I thought I really liked it.

sweepy
    Free Member

cant stand her, makes a big thing about being Scots but sounds Irish to me (this is the loife)

devs
    Free Member

cant stand her, makes a big thing about being Scots but sounds Irish to me (this is the loife)

Eh? Nothing like Irish IMHO – she's a proper weegie, complete with beans on toast face. Maybe if you were some spearheaded guy I would listen to what you had to say…………

geoffj

Nothing like Irish IMHO – she's a proper weegie

Yeah, like there's that much difference 🙄

devs
    Free Member

Yeah, like there's that much difference

Maybe not to your uneducated ear Anglesi but they're as similar as scouse and Cockney to me!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

never liked her since an interview with her in Q magazine splafing on about "things in her room" – pointed out a guitar and said "this was my first guitar, now its the cheapest one i've got" only thing was that it was an £800 Takamine

just thought she came across as a bit of a **** – and I hate her faux irish singing

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

To be fair, an £800 acoustic for a professional musician is a pretty modest outlay. The luthier's round the road from me sells stuff for more than that!

I'd have sworn she was oirish until I heard the other day she was scotchish.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Loathe her with a passion – that This is the Life song has me reaching for the off switch every time.
    Talk about repetition – I think I counted eleven choruses in a row!Yes, I've got the fekcing message! Awful! 😈

Northwind

Shame really… They could take any random jobbie and polish it up to a shine and it'd be just as good as this single, but instead they take someone a bit more interesting and a little different from the herd and polish her up til you can't tell the difference from all the jobbies. Ah well.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Basis of an OK song but I don't like the wall-of-sound production – has diluted the dramatic tension.

geoffj

Maybe not to your uneducated ear Anglesi but they're as similar as scouse and Cockney to me!

Oh perleeeeeease! 🙄

john_drummer
    Free Member

if Bono was a woman, this is what U2 might sound like.

OK but nowt special

bullheart
    Free Member

Overegged pudding, I'm afraid

MrSmith
    Free Member

music for bedwetters.

i don't know rocketdog but presumed he was a reasonably rounded individual but FFS what is this shite?

i don't know what's more disturbing the crass banality of the music or your psychosis?

oh hang on it's a troll post. well done top effort.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Amy Macdonald’ is closed to new replies.