Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Am I shaping the future of energy supply, or about to get scammed?
  • martinhutch

CMA logo
    Dear Mr MartinHutch

Investigation into the Energy Market

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), an independent public body promoting competition for the benefit of consumers, is currently investigating the energy market in Great Britain. More details may be found on the CMA website. As part of this work, we have asked an independent research company, GfK NOP, to undertake a telephone survey on our behalf. We would be really grateful for your help.

Why did we choose you?

Your name has been selected at random from a list of gas and electricity customers. We have used our legal powers to require your energy supplier to share customer information with GfK. This applies even though you may have opted out of further communication from your current supplier. Your personal data and your survey answers will be treated in the strictest confidence and protected at every stage, as required by the law.

What happens next?

An interviewer from GfK will try to contact you by telephone in the near future. If it’s not convenient to conduct the interview then, they will be happy to arrange a time that suits you. We do hope that you will agree to participate in this research study, which is very important for this market investigation.

However, if you do not want to take part, please reply by email or telephone 0800 0564536 which is free from landlines. If you do call or email, please give your name, and quote the following reference number 69039 and you will not be contacted by GfK.

Yours faithfully
    CMA Sig
    Erika Lewis, Inquiry Director

What’s the betting that after answering lots of probing questions about the energy market, some bint will attempt to tell me about government grants for solar power and cavity wall insulation?

Edukator
    Free Member

It’s sad that energy saving and producing has such a lousy reputation thanks to companies that harass people. They’d have done better to send you a flyer that tells you what they do, how much it costs and what the benefits to you and the planet are.

beej

Possibly legit. 5 seconds with Google.

https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/energy-market-investigation

martinhutch

I must admit, it’s slightly more articulate than your average scam email.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Erika Lewis checks out on Linkedin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Am I shaping the future of energy supply, or about to get scammed?’ is closed to new replies.