Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Am I an ungrateful nobhead? ( frame replacement content )
  • hillsplease

New frame? What's not to like?

Fair play to the shop too for service above and beyond for building it up.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I had an XTC frame replaced under warranty a few years ago and also got a different paintjob on the new one. It seemed to be the (then) current euro version- I found one like it on a dutch (or something) website.

At the time I was a tiny bit miffed because I liked the original a bit better, but it grew on me and I've never seen another one so all turned out well in the end.

Anyway, if they've sent you that because they just don't have another one the same, what do you want them to do?

poppa
    Free Member

I don't think they are under any legal obligation to give you the same paintjob are they? As long as it has the same functionality (i.e. is the same frame) then shirley that's ok?

druidh
    Free Member

Yes

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

Giant *should* have a 2006/2007 generation frame in as warrenty stock. Recently they warrentied a customer's 2006 VT1 frame, with… a 2006 VT1 frame. Their old warrenty stock is incredible. You can warrenty (almost) every part, from every bike, back to 2005.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

you have a replacement frame for free, be thankful & accept it what ever the colour.

Its not free you pay for warranty in the cost of the original item. Like others have said if you took in your 2010 car and they replaced it with a 2008 but same model would you accept that? no. If your new 2010 saint brakes nackered would you be happy with the 2008 ones? no. They should replace with the same quality & equal value or better. Ok the shop seems to have done a great job and they are not at fault, but the manafature should be ensuring equal or better, an older model is not equal in value

sputnik
    Free Member

I just got back. And the verdict is: I am a grateful nobhead 😀
    Very happy with the frame. Naked carbon with thin silver writing. ( Should look nice with black forks)
    Could not find a pic on Giant website, so took some with my phone's camera.
    I even got a carbon bottle cage ( with a Giant logo bottle) !
    So thank you Giant and a big thank you to the guys at Pedal On.
    ps Also a big thanks to all you guys for the encouraging replies.

wwaswas

I am a grateful nobhead

I should hope so too!

al_f
    Free Member

So is that a 2006 then? I'm confused.

sputnik
    Free Member

No, not a 06, the writing is different. Says XTC Advanced on top tube. The carbon Xtc's were called "Composite's" until 2008 and "Advanced's" after that.

Drac
    sputnik
    Free Member

Drac, you have no idea… my stomach was in knots all the way to the bike shop!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Looks like the european unpainted 2008 version.

DezB
    Free Member

Does the "Giant" sticker come off ?

odannyboy
    Free Member

All's well that ends well then! 8)

wildrnes
    Free Member

tyre valves not lined up….

theflatboy
    Free Member

looks a lot better than the one you broke 🙂

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Thats not a UK spec frame, it's most likely a mainland european one as it'll have come from Holland where Giants european base is. Nice looking bike though!

_tom_
    Free Member

That looks great with the white parts 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

Next time just ring and ask the LBS.

Looks good and ends well.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

NICE!!

glenncampbell

Very nice bike indeed Sputnik – you are a lucky man! Pedal On have always been a top bunch too . . .

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Am I an ungrateful nobhead? ( frame replacement content )’ is closed to new replies.