Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Alternatives to SIDI dominators (cheaper options that is)
  • Amos
    Free Member

Suggestions please? Something of similar quality and style any ideas?

nickc

Tricky, I know what you mean about the price, but to get that sort of comfort and longevity you're looking at £100 ish in any shoe range (they've all got Dominator copies, right?) Mine are 2 and a bit years old, and scrub up like new, are reasonably winter proof, and have outlasted anything else I've ever bought.

Suck it up. I know I will when it's time to replace them.

foxyrider
    Free Member

What about the cheap time ones on On-One's shop site? £85 reduced to £45 IIRC

Or winstanleys usually got a good price on Speccy BG comp shoes 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

There is no valid alternative. 😀

leftyboy
    Free Member

Speccy BG comp shoes for me as they fit my feet and SIDI's don't.

Macavity
    Free Member

Northwave Lizzard

shermer75
    Free Member

I tried one of the ones on On-One's website- had to send it back because they fit very small. They're a bit more like an all-round kind of shoe than a pure race type thing. Seemed ok, never got a chance to try them out in anger tho…

Amos
    Free Member

You know it's gonna have to be the SIDI's isn't it really? Bugger! best get saving

sillyoldman

The Shimano M086 is equivalent from the point of view of sole construction and closure type and is £79 RRP, and the M161 is stiffer and tougher built with toe studs, and is £99, and then the M183 is a carbon soled version of the 161 with no vents – I'm guessing this is the feature of the Dominators that you like? The weather resistance? The 183's are £129, but 182's and 182's ran a similar upper and you may find them cheaper?

nickc

Not the same construction quality though, I pretty much wore out a pair of M181/182? in about 12 months, and they're only a bit cheaper than Dominators. Comfy though.

Stu_N

Same dilemma as you a few months back, ended up getting another pair of Dominators. I'd got almost 5 years out the last pair so it doesn't seem an outrageous amount of money to spend on shoes when put that way.

I paid £135 in Wiggle – still have them at that price but it's a bit hit or miss on stock though.

sillyoldman

They're £50 cheaper, and have a far stiffer sole….

If the Weather resistance is not the key feature, then the 161's are definitely worth a look. Really rugged build and nearly half the price of the Sidis… 😉

Marmoset
    Free Member

I bought some Shimano M161's to replace mine with a few weeks back. I couldn't justify the price of the Sidi's and the Shimano shoes are much more comfortable to walk in, just as good when pedalling as well.

Crell
    Free Member

Bite the bullet – they will last for years.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to SIDI dominators (cheaper options that is)’ is closed to new replies.