Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Alternatives to helicopter tape?
  • vinnyeh

Can anybody suggest a suitable alternative to helicopter tape – I'm after a protective film, something like this guy is using Frameskin.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

3M make stuff for car door shuts etc.

sambob
    Free Member

cricket bat tape?

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

What about that clear stuff we used to cover our books with at school?

vinnyeh

What about that clear stuff we used to cover our books with at school?

I can see where your user name came from..

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

….And proud 😀

MS
    Free Member

a big gouge in your frame 😆

100mphplus
    Free Member

Apart from 'heli tape' (which has the feint armour in it and yellows 🙁 ) the best two protection tapes I have used are 3M as mentioned above or a product called 'venture shield' or sometimes 'Rhino Plastic'. They are by far the best quality and consequently cost more.

There are lots of cheaper versions out there and they are cheaper for a reason. Venture shield is quite difficult to buy off the roll as they tend to do specific vehicle kits only, so I get rolls of 3M off ebay, thinner grade for the frame triangle and thicker grade for fork legs and chainstays.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Just had a look at that 'frameskin' site and he has basically just done the 'specific vehicle kit' that Venture Shield try to promote, BUT he doesn't mention what material he is using which is interesting since I'd mention it if I was using one of the top two!!

Just did a search on venture shield too and noticed that 3M have acquired them!

tomlevell

What is the name of the 3M tape as they make quite a lot of erm tape :0)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

There is a car racing company that i cannot remember the name of who do it cheaper than ebay etc. Anyone any ideas?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to helicopter tape?’ is closed to new replies.