Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alternatives to DHB Earnley shorts?
  • naffrider
    Free Member

After some new bib shorts for under £40.

Last 3 pairs have been DHBs and still I wear the first pair I bought in 2007 (with the red chamois) with no problems but the two pairs I bought after (with the grey chamois) have pretty much worn out and are falling to pieces so wanted to see what else is out there before I get another pair.

Any suggestions?

Ta.

wwaswas

rutland cycles have some good reductions on skins stuff at the moment if you want to spend a bit more and buy into the ‘squeeze your legs stop cramps’ thing (which I do).

uplink
    Free Member

I like the DHB Finchdeans [if they still do them] but I also have some Giordana shorts that are good and similar pricewise

mattsccm
    Free Member

I have some Shutt VR ones. I like them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not just me that didnt get on with the changed earnelys then, mines not fallen appart but they do feel too ‘thin’ and unelastic, they keep catching/snagging on my saddle!
    And the pads nowhere near as good as my original ‘black’ one.

Off-road – snagging
    On-road – rubbish pad

Why did they change?

jonb
    Free Member

Profit probably.

Finchdean is much better but much pricier. Not seen much else that compares cost wise. Lusso might be ok? Generally the pads are bought in and stitched to whatever shorts being made. I know the Knowle shorts use a cytec chamois which is featured in much more pricey shorts.

http://www.elasticinterface.com/cycling-pads-clothing/cycling-technology-products.php

The trick is to fin ones you like.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

+1 on Shutt VR

Standard Bib

Sub £40 with discount code

Very nice stuff.

Shuttvr

OmarLittle
    Free Member

+1 on the shutt vr, good value

also try rose bikes, their own brand ones seem pretty good value – Havent been able to wear them for a bike ride yet but i got their cheapest (about £35) and they seem to be competitive with the best at that pricerange. Bit of colour on them too makes them look a bit different.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to DHB Earnley shorts?’ is closed to new replies.