Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Alternatives to a Handjob?
  • Kit
    Free Member

Perhaps a blo… oh, best not go there, eh?

I'm coming to the conclusion that my HJ is too small for me, and I think the next size up would be a gate. The saddle is right back on the rails on an inline post and I have a 90mm stem with high rise bars. Don't really want to get rid of it, but wondering what else is out there that's similar i.e. light(ish) steel frame, 69 degree (or slacker) head angle with a 120mm fork, long enough toptube to get a short stem on… Pics of examples, please, as I'm a tart too and would want a replacement to look sexy 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

$10 whore?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

blowjob?

brooess
    Free Member

try a layback post?

DezB
    Free Member

Cotic? (apologies for sensible response)

Diane
    Free Member

The real thing 🙂

StuF

I'd go for a soul

chakaping
    Free Member

What's the difference between an egg and a handjob?

You can beat an egg.

Kit
    Free Member

try a layback post?

d'oh! I kinda keep forgetting to try this one…

I had thought about the Soul – any idea on head angle with a 120mm fork?

13thfloormonk

100mm stem and layback seatpost would probably be the difference between one frame size and the next anyway.

Nothing wrong with 100mm stems anyway, just shows commitment! 😀

robgarrioch

Predictable I know, but when I was considering a longer travel HT, thought a P7 would've been just the ticket. Not techy minded enough to know if it suits your requirements…

Kit
    Free Member

Had thought about a P7, but I think its designed for 140mm forks…

DT78
    Free Member

charge duster – love mine

DezB
    Free Member

Thats cos you've never tried a Handjob (probably) 😉

woody2000

Altitude?

stanley

Are you already using a long (410mm ish) post ?

I have a similar set up. 17.5" HJ, 410 post a looong way out, 40mm of spacers and a 90mm stem.

If you already have a lot of post sticking out, I would have thought it will go a bit wheelie-tastic on the climbs.

Long posts are good though, adding a bit of flex and comfort.

stanley

Er, I mean

If you already have a lot of post sticking out, and change to a layback, I would have thought it will go a bit wheelie-tastic on the climbs.

jimmy

Kitbag – whats the head angle on the handjawb?

Spaceman
    Free Member

I say this on nearly every Handjob thread…

I had one and broke it, replaced it with a Prince Albert, far better bike.

I don't know the angles but the PA definately feels slacker, a lot more stable and confidence inspiring, especially on steep stuff, my medium PA is longer than the HJ in TT length as well (again don't know the numbers it just feels that way back to back, I might be wrong). Great little bike, although i'm sure there are others out there equally as good. A PA's about half the price of a HJ at the moment as well.

Kit
    Free Member

Not sure what length seatpost is in it – here's a photo to show its current setup.

Head angle is quoted as 69 degree, but don't know if that's with a 100mm fork or what.

A Prince Albert would continue the theme of obscenely named bikes…

bol

Soapy ti… Oh, sorry, you've moved on to bike stuff again.

santapace
    Free Member

On One Inbred, the only way to go!

highclimber
    Free Member

+1 for the P7 2010. 140mm travel!

Orang-Hutan
    Free Member

I recently got me a P7 and and am absolutely loving it. I fitted a Fox talas so I could run 120mm travel as the norm but had a bit more on tap for the rougher stuff but too be honest it feels a bit wrong at 120mm and so I'm using 140mm as the normal setting and dropping down to 120 on the climbs.

I have the 21" with a 90mm stem. at 6'5" I thought it was going to feel a tad short but actually feels spot on for my type of riding.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to a Handjob?’ is closed to new replies.