• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Alternative to Pro II rear hub?
  • dazh

What's a good (and quiet) alternative to a Hope Pro II rear hub? I need a new rear wheel with a sealed bearing hub but can't stand the horrendous football rattle noise Hope Pro II's make.

PJ266
    Free Member

Hadley.

clubber
    Free Member

Just put plenty of grease in Hope hubs and they quieten right down.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Sun Ringle Dirty Flea?

Mackem

Shimano?

Jamie
    Free Member

I need a new rear wheel with a sealed bearing hub

Shimano?

😐

JonEdwards
    Free Member

DT240

toys19
    Free Member

superstar

toys19
    Free Member

ohh yeah those element hubs look sex.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

DT – different price level tho

Goldtec?

>Sun Ringle Dirty Flea?<

Not been happy with my jumping flea – forums are litterd with disgruntled Ringle users

SigmaF
    Free Member

We managed to run Ringle hubs for 4 years on a Whistler demo fleet with little issue….shame that they're so £££ in the UK.

Halo Superdrives – only available since last week and we're very impressed…..almost CK engagement for a price lesser than a Pro 2……but, will they last?

Will be on our demo bikes through winter in the Peaks so I guess we'll find out!

sv

Nukeproof

tron
    Free Member

I'd take any forged hub over a CNC one to be honest…

RicB

I need a new rear wheel with a sealed bearing hub

Shimano?

Shimano XT hubs have great sealing though, and a freehub that's not made of cheese, and are cheaper…

dazh

Thanks all for the recommendations. I'm torn between a nukeproof generator and the element technium, but will probably go for the nukeproof.

Just need to decide what rims now. Mavic XM719 or EN521?

PS. RicB, my present rear wheel has an XT hub and it's totally knackered from me failing to service it regularly which is why I'm after a cartridge bearing one which I can just forget about until the bearings need replacing.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Alternative to Pro II rear hub?’ is closed to new replies.