Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Alpkit Pipedream Sleeping bags
  • tiggs121
    Free Member

Has anyone got one and if so do you recommend them?

Thinking of getting a down bag and thought they looked decent value.

cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

my Skyhigh 600 is superb and IMO even better value for money.

I can compress it down to just a few litres and still lofts very well.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Got the skyehigh and its a great sleeping bag. Got lots of Alpkit gear over the years and on the whole it’s been great and when it’s not they have sorted it out quickly without fuss.

Stoner
    Free Member

and as steven ^ says, I too have quite a bit of alpkit stuff (two gilets, carbon walking poles, mini carabiners, zip toggles, skyhigh 600, Gamma headtorch) and without exception ive always been impressed with the quality and even more astounded by the value for money.

Nick

I have a Pipedream 400, it’s great for bivvy trips and plenty warm enough down to freezing (have camped and woken warm with snow on the ground outside), a pound lighter than the Skyhigh 600 but 50% more expensive.

waynekerr
    Free Member

PD 600 here, it’s great, cut very tight though to keep it light & compact, I have thought about buying the PD400 to cut down on even more space, buy it if space in your pack is important & your not a fatty, if it’s for car camping, buy the Skyehigh.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

The pipedream is pretty tight at the shoulders – 70cm to the Skyehigh’s 75cm. It doesn’t seem like much on paper, but if you’re a proper man with broad shoulders, it makes the difference between a comfy night’s sleep and feeling like your trapped in a condom.

surfer
    Free Member

I’ve got the Pipedream 400. Very light, very warm and packs very small. All in all great good bit of kit as are all of their products.
    Kept me toasty in the OMM.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Pipedream Sleeping bags’ is closed to new replies.