Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Alpkit making bike frames?
  • BadlyWiredDog

According to their Facebook page, the guys at Alpkit are contemplating getting into bike frame design. There’s a pic of a prototype on their FB page – 650B hardtail with seat stays like a 2nd generation Blue Pig.

Not quite sure what to make of it all… but interesting.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

There’s a little bit of info on the bearbones forum

miketually
    Free Member

Working with PACT?

cokie

Yup, Brant’s new project.
    There’ll be three Ti bikes in the current line up.
    The one pictured is the mountain bike version, not the rigid bikepacking one.
    (bonus point’s if you’ve worked out where this photos from)

ibnchris

as per another thread on here, if they do they should try including some on bike storage into the frame for the bike packing bike. Even if just somewhere to store multi-tool, pump, tube and spokes…

bones
    Free Member

Cool, love alpkit stuff, hope it goes ahead and is good!

scotroutes

Not sure about this suspension vs. rigid thing. What I’d really like is decent forks with about 45-55mm of travel. (Yes – I know about the Laufs. Too spendy!)

MoreCashThanDash

Oh dear. Given my weakness for Alpkit, not just the quality of their kit, but their bold attitude and honesty, as well as being so local to me, this could get spendy…..

scotroutes

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    Oh dear. Given my weakness for Alpkit, not just the quality of their kit, but their bold attitude and honesty, marketing as well as being so local to me, this could get spendy…..

ftfy

MoreCashThanDash

Its OK scotroutes, my version was correct first time. I’ve spent enough time with them in person getting battery cases for Gamma head torches replaced that I know them pretty well 😉

Spin
    Free Member

marketing

Other than their website I’m not aware of any alpkit marketing as such. It mostly seems to be word of mouth and personal recommendations.

No doubt someone will be along in a second to tell me I’m a gullible mug for buying their stuff.

GregMay
    Free Member

cokie

It’s inside Brants hallway.

Send me money.

dragon
    Free Member

I can’t see this ending well. Seems so out of sorts with the Alpkit brand.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

@Spin – you’re a gullible mug for buying their stuff, especially when there’s small, ethical anti-fashion brands such as The North Face that will happily take your money. 😉

matt_outandabout

\begin testing

brant, brant, brant

/end testing

domino

I’ve ridden that bike up there ^^^ 😉

richpips
    Free Member

I can’t see this ending well. Seems so out of sorts with the Alpkit brand.

“The plan is to be in a fairly unique position over the next year of being able to kit out a complete bikepacking setup. Luggage, clothing cookware, shelter, sounds like all we need is 650b+ titanium bikepacking bike”

Fron here – http://bearbonesbikepacking.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/alpkit-questioned.html

paul4stones

GregMay – Member
    cokie
    It’s inside Brants hallway.

The picture is from his girlfriend’s Instagram.

Send me money too.

brant
    Free Member

It’s “from” the kitchen, clearly.

tillyfishes
    Free Member

Have heard rumours that Alpkit might be releasing bikes. Hope it all goes well.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit making bike frames?’ is closed to new replies.