• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by fix.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alpine Elements Biking holidays any good?
  • ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Thinking of booking a week through these guys if they ever call back…

Looks not bad, hire bikes are a bit gash but we will take our own out.

Has anyone used them?

Shandy
    Free Member

I won a holiday with them a couple of years ago. A week for 2 in a catered chalet with hot tub. 2 weeks before departure they downgraded us to the smallest available apartment in Chamonix Sud.

Go independent and you will have somebody looking after you who isn’t being paid a pittance and actually cares about your enjoyment of your holiday.

Shandy
    Free Member

allthegear
    Free Member

Seriously, go somewhere, anywhere, else. Look back on here for lots of stories.

I hate knocking a company for past mistakes but in this case…

Rachel

steveh

Don’t. Just don’t.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Anyone want to elaborate a bit? What’s so bad about them?

Kuco

Put it bluntly they are a shower of shit who don’t give a f*** about the guest. Do a search here or on one of the snowboard/ski sites.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’d take a hint from the “haven’t called back”, if they can’t serve you now how are they going to look after you once they’ve banked your money?

Currently sorting out trips this year with bikeverbier and sierra cycling and both have patiently and promptly answered all our annoying “but can…” and “what if…” questions enough to give us faith we’ll be well looked after, and if you use the forum search tool you’ll find loads of alps-related threads with recommendations of companies and places to stay.

saxabar
    Free Member

Been loads of times with them for snowy holidays. Only once had a problem and they gave me a healthy refund. However, I went to Chamonix with them last summer and it’s clear that they’re not set up for dedicated mountain bikers. While I don’t mind budget accommodation for budget prices, the rooms were unnecessarily dirty and staff had little idea about the area nevermind guiding. Go if the price is v. cheap but avoid for summer otherwise.

Susie
    Free Member

We stayed in their season chalet in 2004 in Morzine. For what we paid we had no complaints about them, I think it was around £500 each half board for a month. The chalet wasn’t that great, the food was reasonable, but not up to the same standard as other companies we have been with on 7 day holidays, but I think we got a bargin.

It was June so the chalet wasn’t full, so they put a large group of guys in the season chalet because they didn’t want them disturbing their other guests. They were not impressed at all. They had paid full price and were expecting a lot more than what they got. I think the meal on their first night was a bit of a disaster, the host was not a qualified chef and I think it was the first time he’d catered for that many people. We were also a bit pee’d off that they thought it was ok for them to disturb us. There were some right ****s in the group and they also stole our food.

They also paid some of the season guests to guide. I’m pretty sure they had no first aid qualifications and one of them had no past experience. We think he was told to tell them he wasn’t a guide, but that he could show them some trails, but I think the guests had paid for guiding.

They were also late paying their staff and it took a while for them to refund our deposit.

pastcaring
    Free Member

@ susie

was paddy looking after you? good lad but he’d be the first to admit he wasn’t a cook.

we did a season the year before in papy (sp) the girl we had was a terrible cook, and wouldn’t take any advice
    on how to feed us something edible. you were lucky you got paddy.

as for AE never again!
    you’d be better off with http://www.jollygood.com/Morzine/S_Home.html

crap name, good people

ridingscared
    Free Member

go independent – reach 4 the alps do a real nice chalet just off the main drag in Morzine and you’ll not go hungry , theres an abundance of reasonably priced cafes and restaurants within walking distance. If you want some guiding Lee who works for them can help you out.

fix
    Free Member

never actually got to experience the accomodation/holiday itself but can vouch for the fact their customer service isnt all its cracked up to be. Booked with them last year for a week in morzine but a couple of weeks before the holiday a close relative of my partner passed away.
    Good enough reason to cancel I would’ve thought? …apparently not, once I’d paid they didnt want to know us.

Bunch of absolute c**ts!

in future I’ll be going with these guys- http://www.prgmtb.com/ very nice people indeed!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Alpine Elements Biking holidays any good?’ is closed to new replies.