• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by iggs.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Allen key to hex bit adaptor
  • iggs
    Free Member

Following on from some multitool discussion / procrastination I was wondering is an Allen key to hex bit adaptor existed? I haven’t seen one and a google search didn’t show up anything

I have a couple of ‘heads’ on my bike that don’t seem to be on the majority of tools. For instance a t10 Torq head on the pivot point of my guide rsc brakes (found this out the hard way trail side).

Carrying an adaptor and a couple of hex bits in ‘my little box of spares’ would be a good way of suplementing the standard multi tool bits that is needed 99% of the time

daviek

you could get one of the wee torx ratchet/driver sets and just take the dumpy screwdriver handle and the bits you need with you

slowster
    Free Member

PB Swiss use this concept in their Bike Tool.

You can buy the whole tool from Amazon for £24, or you can order the adaptor from the manufacturer here (scroll down the page) for £7.70 incl. P&P.

TiRed

Hexus 2 includes one for the commonest size.

jkomo

Superstar do a nice mini ratchet, take whatever bits suit the bike.
    My Ritchey headset on the road bike takes an odd size torx.

bigyinn
    Free Member

ALDI have their torx / allen / ball end allen key sets on sale at the moment.
    Rather than piss about with extra bits for your set, just take the relevant tool with you.

mark90
    Free Member

For trail side fixing I don’t like tools with little bits that get dropped in the mud, lost, left behind, etc.

sv

Just buy the bit ratchet separately, couple on Amazon (Faithful or Sealey both look very well made). Then add the specific bits you need.

iggs
    Free Member

That PB Swiss adaptor looks like exactly what I’m after and sounds like good quality too, thanks slowster, much appriciated

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Allen key to hex bit adaptor’ is closed to new replies.