Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • All these glentress changes…..
  • J0N
    Free Member

They don’t seem to be going down too well with all us superior bikers.
    So instead of moaning about the ‘outragous’ ‘dumbing down’ ‘alterations’ what would you like to see changed at GT. Hypothetical of course and just for fun.

At the extreme wish list end I would like a whole other additional red route. steep and rooty,with a section that splits and runs parallel for a little 2X with your riding buddy.
    More realistically I loved the introduction of the pie run and would like to see more section like this.

jam-bo

i’d like it to move about 600 miles south.

GW
    Free Member

swap you it for Gawton Jam bo 😉

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I agree that some 2x sections would be good to try and get past your mates or the slower riders infront.
    Would also like some really steep technical decents, like the section from the furtherst point of the Blue down to deliverance. Has anyone ridden this lately, there are signs up to say that it is closed.

Doug

jam-bo

no chance….

ChrisL

Steep stuff erodes quickly and is hard to maintain so it’s not that likely that long, steep sections will be added to the main trails. 🙁

Ideally I’d like there to be a stone-for-stone copy of Growbag (from BikeVillage) added to Glentress but I suspect that’s even more unlikely!

More realistically, some 2X sections would be a great thing as would more mix-n-match trail sections like The Pie Run.

coffeeking
    Free Member

There are steep sections of the natural trails in the Alps that have been the same for the last 8 or 9 years that I can see, despite zero maintenance that I’m aware of and daily passing of hundreds of cyclists and winter freezing.

J0N
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the work being done for the new centre/trailhead will include any new trail sections?

Swello
    Free Member

I always think that GT moans are a symptom of how successful it is/has been – a lot of people take, what is a fantastic facility, for granted. I love people being in the middle of the Southern Uplands and talking about “dumbed down” trails in a trail centre – there is access to hundreds of miles of completely un-dumbed down trails within easy cycling distance of the car parks at GT. Instead of moaning, learn to read an OS map and put your own route together as an alternative 😉

As to new developments at GT – I love the change of pace that the Pie Run brings after all the super-fast, super-smooth sections – so much more of that please 🙂 Oh – and some nice singletrack to replace that fire-road section after the spooky woods climb zig-zags – that’s always a soul destroyer when I’m having an unfit day 🙂

kevonakona
    Free Member

I agree, GT is fast and easy(comparatively) with what is just across the road/round the corner. IF you want to think there are hundreds of miles of potential from GT bottom car park, but it’s not waymarked. THe Gypsie Glen descent is the faster and longer and more flowin than anything at GT, just watch out for red socks.

GW
    Free Member

2X ? WTFs that?
    what’s wrong with passing on any section that’s wide enough? or simply cutting round a wider/tighter line?
    there are already options where a trail splits and re-joins again, that rubbish step down tabletop thing with the wooden drop before it on fala brae or the Red trail after for instance. and plenty others with scope for taking alternative lines.

rj
    Free Member

If there’s a bit of GT that I’d like to see get a bit of TLC it’s probably Spooky Wood. It can’t be easy to maintain a bit of trail that sees that much traffic, but a lot of the jumps are pretty eroded and don’t have much lip left on them. Maybe using rock for the take off as they’ve done on Good Game would be an option. Some of the features that have been mentioned as missing in action could maybe have been left and chicken runs put in as, depending on your point of view they had bedded in quite nicely. One of the good things about Glentress is that it’s fast and flowing, but a wee bit of variety is nice too.

J0N
    Free Member

Was double cross (on separate tracks) not the precursor to 4x.
    Yes you can pass someone on a lot of places but it should be at their discretion not barging past them.

ChrisL

GW asked:

2X ? WTFs that?

I was using it in the context it was used in the first post:

a section that splits and runs parallel for a little 2X with your riding buddy

There’s also some alternative lines on The Matrix, on the red. I’d like to see more of them.

Prophet2
    Free Member

Hey Kevonakona, regarding Gypsies Glen, me and a mate are going to ride it for the first time in a couple of weeks, anything we should look out for? From the map it looks like a great bit of descent into Peebles.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘All these glentress changes…..’ is closed to new replies.