Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • "All the people…"
  • deepreddave
    Free Member

Still quite a scary thought in terms of the impact of the population in say 20 years time. Maybe the plot of Channel 4s Utopia wasn’t such a bad idea…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it might be an arbitrary date given to help make sense of relatively vast time scales

I can make perfect sense of the relatively vast time scale involved on evolution. I’m simply trying to help Woppit think beyond the creationist mindset and develop a deeper understanding of the concept of evolution. Genesis might provide an easy to understand story, but a more scientific explanation which recognises that all species are the result of billions of years of evolution should imo be encouraged.

BTW I ignored the fact that he also appears to have got confused with the timescale involving the first and second billion of humans. The global human population reached one billion at around 1800 AD, it was 130 years later when it reached two billion, not 13 years later as he claims, but I didn’t want to appear to be nitpicking …… timescales are clearly not his strong point 🙂

Sandwich

😆 Thanks Ernie.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘"All the people…"’ is closed to new replies.