Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Alien prequel trailer
  • kimbers

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU&feature=player_embedded

hmmmmmmm looks good but will ridley have gone all soft and middle aged on us ala cameron, spielberg, lucas etc
    im apprehensive tbh, so few blockbusters come close to delivering what i want them to

CountZero

The trailer that appeared a couple of weeks ago, although pretty shonky quality, seemed to indicate that Prometheusis going to be pretty dark indeed. Spielberg has always gone for the light, some might say twee option, and Lucas has never really done horror. I don’t think Scott will disappoint with this one, especially as he’s notorious for NOT doing sequals.
    Really looking forward to this, saw Alien with a g/f the first week of release; totally blew me away, she spent the whole film with her face covered up with my jacket, terrified!
    Edit] that’s the trailer that was videoed from a screen; good to see it properly.

Hohum
    Free Member

That trailer looks pretty cool 🙂

Personally, I am just looking to be entertained nowadays rather than getting too much into the history of the Alien saga and if it delivers that then I will be happy!

I will leave the bickering and pedantism to others.

CountZero

Ho Hum, that’s all I’ve ever wanted from a movie. I refuse to get all analytical, and as a result I’m rarely disappointed.
    I think the second Highlander film was the biggest disappointment I’ve had with a film, all continuity was thrown away, so the film was just a huge waste of time.
    I loved Sucker Punch, but my mate had issues with the structure, which, oddly, made perfect sense to me. Great soundtrack too.

Hohum
    Free Member

Hello Countzero 🙂

I loved the first Highlander film, but I have only seen bits of the second (and even those were too much!)

I have Sucker Punch on my Lovefilm list as a medium priority and they have not seen it, but I am looking forward to it. I have an open-mind when it comes to films as I prefer entertainment rather than literal detail as that sort of thing goes way over my head, whoosh!

OT – I am currently doing a bit of re-living my childhood at the moment with my 8 year old son as we watched The Goonies last weekend and we have Time Bandits just being dispatched to us now.

I just want to be entertained 🙂

SBrock
    Free Member

Sucker punch is fantastic, looks amazing on blu ray and the soundtrack is amazing….totally mad film but totally entertaining… I loved it great film from Zac Snyder (300′ watchman)

samuri
    Free Member

Sucker Punch? It’s good because it has scantily clad, good looking girls in it. I’m sorry but that’s it.

This new Alien film looks interesting but really, Alien and Aliens were almost perfect as films. It’d be very hard to beat them,

CountZero

Sucker Punch? It’s good because it has scantily clad, good looking girls in it. I’m sorry but that’s it.

Well, the girls aren’t exactly hard on the eyes, but I love the layers to the story, cool machinery, big guns, and lots of things fall down, go boom!
    Good, escapist fun.
    Ho Hum, if you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend Peter Jackson’s The Frighteners
    One of his earliest films, great FX, and very funny.
    Another brilliant film, that might be difficult to track down, is Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid
    Starring Steve Martin, (but don’t hold that against it), and a huge cast of old Hollywood movie stars, all done in black and white. Fantastic film, spawned a series of tv ads starring Griff Reese Jones, along with Marilyn Monroe, in one ad.
    A great French noir-ish film is Diva, very stylish, great soundtrack, and seriously cool characters.

chewkw
    Free Member

As long as they are not trying to be cheap by having …

1. Bloody camera angles switching every half a second as if it was disco light i.e. modern camera angles learning from shite MTV.

2. Everything is shot in darkness assuming that it makes things scarier which is not but utterly annoying and you can see anything at all.

🙄

buttercup
    Free Member

Not too sold, but I will do it anyway. I love going to a cinema drunk.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Hellooo! It’s shit. go sniff a real flower.

racefaceec90

YES! 😀 (goes off to buy a loaf of hovis in celebration 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

with a g/f the first week of release; totally blew me away, she spent the whole film with her face covered up with my jacket

Chortle

Cougar

Warning. Exercise caution when watching this trailer.

I’ve just watched it, and a little bit of wee came out.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I was reading the Wikipedia entry for Prometheus the other day. It seems like the project shifted away from being a direct prequel, in the sense that the story specifically aims to tell the story of events leading up to the original ‘Alien’ film (and thereby focusing mostly on the ‘spacejockey’ story), to instead telling a different backstory which is still set in the ‘Alien’ universe, albeit in a time that precedes Alien.

The plot seems to centre around the creation of humans and their connection with the ‘aliens’.

The other interesting point was that the studio was very unwilling to go for a film with an ‘R’ rating (equivalent to ’18’ in the UK), with the big budget that Scott was pushing for. They are aiming for it to be PG-13 I think, so it’s not going to be anything like the scare fest that the original ‘Alien’ film was.

imp999
    Free Member

Quite excited, now.
    I think it was Alien 2 that had one of the best trailers I have seen.
    Lots of running round in the ol’ red flashing lights, no dialogue but loads of worried faces all done to the backing track of a rising pitch scream.
    Got me ready & I wasn’t disappointed.

I absolutely hate the trailers that give the whole game away – which seems to be the norm nowadays.
    Oh, yes. And Wallace & Grommit trailers with an American voice-over!

hora
    Free Member

I think the second Highlander film was the biggest disappointment I’ve had with a film

It was hideous. Almost as though it was made by Luc Besson before he made Fifth Element.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I just hope he hasn’t been seduced by big effects and just concentrates on the story and plot – too many films nowadays just seem to be filled with effects that the directors assume will satisfy the viewer.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Aliens, my all time favourite!

Newt: We’d better get back, ’cause it’ll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night… mostly.!!!!!!!!!

halfbee
    Free Member

If your bored at work it’s well woth reading Highlander II reviews at IMDB.

a film so bad that Robert Mugabe refused to show it to white farmers on the grounds that it would be “exceptionally cruel”.

imdb

hora
    Free Member

Looking at one of the reviews (audience walking out). Reminded me of Robin Hood men in tights. God that was really painful but its got 6.3 out of 10 here! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107977/

geetee1972
    Free Member

Just on the subject of Highlander 2, there is something I never understood, whether that’s because it was a genuine continuity error or just because it was a shit film.

If the immortals came to earth because of whatever reason they came, why in the first film did the Christopher Lambert character not know he was an immortal?

Cougar

Highlander: There Should Have Been Only One.

Highlander 2 was a troubled film. It had two showstoppers in particular.

Firstly, the country they’d chosen to film it in (Argentina, IIRC?) suffered a massive economic crash which knackered up a lot of their filming. Secondly, the studio kept interfering and imposing stupid changes.

The director’s on record as being, ah, ‘slightly dischuffed’ about the whole thing. He’s tried a couple of times to fix it as best he can, with post production / re-editing / cutting-room floor material.

I’ve got a VHS copy of the “Renegade Edition” which does at least make the film vaguely coherent (and does away with all the nonsensical ‘aliens from the planet Zeist’ story). It’s been further fiddled with since then too, there’s a DVD special edition / director’s cut / ultimate version or some such which is a bit more fixed, I believe. I’ve not seen that yet though.

But yeah, the theatrical release of Highlander 2 is right up there on my “crushing disappointments in cinema” list, just above Escape From LA.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Get away from her you bitch!

jhw
    Free Member

Outstanding…now all we need’s a deck of cards

How can one film have so many awesome lines? It’s the script that makes Aliens

hora
    Free Member

How can one film have so many awesome lines? It’s the script that makes Aliens

Commando.

clubber
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member
    I just hope he hasn’t been seduced by big effects and just concentrates on the story and plot – too many films nowadays just seem to be filled with effects that the directors assume will satisfy the viewer.

I think that’s a lazy characterisation actually 😉

I reckon it’s more that they’re just inherently not very good films and since all blockbusters are now expected to have the big special effects, those are there but are not connected to whether the film itself is basically good or not.

To put it another way, the new Alien prequel will no doubt have great special effects but that’s in no way connected to whether it’ll be good or not.

Cougar

Commando.

Good point.

It’s wrong, but it’s a good point.

verses

1. Bloody camera angles switching every half a second as if it was disco light i.e. modern camera angles learning from shite MTV.

Hear, hear!

colournoise

Stop your grinnin’ and drop your linen.

slainte 😀 rob

schnor
    Free Member

At the risk of giving more nerd-gasms, theres a pretty good trailer breakdown here

Northwind

I don’t understand, why are people talking about Highlander 2, there’s no such movie 😕

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Surely Alien is a far superior film to Aliens? Not that Aliens isn’t a great film.

JulianA
    Free Member

I will leave the bickering and pedantism to others.

I think you will find that you meant ‘pedantry’.

CountZero

Northwind – Member
    I don’t understand, why are people talking about Highlander 2, there’s no such movie

What, this non-existent film?
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highlander_II:_The_Quickening

Northwind

Pff, Wikipedia, people make up all sorts of nonsense on there. It goes Highlander, Highlander 3: The Sorceror, then Highlander: Endgame, and that’s all the Highlander films.

colournoise

fervouredimage – Member
    Surely Alien is a far superior film to Aliens? Not that Aliens isn’t a great film.

I always think they’re so different as to not be compared. I think both are top films in their own context.

Love Ridley Scott and Alien is top-notch sci-fi suspense/thriller/horror.

Aliens is pretty much the textbook for modern (sci-fi) action films.

Having said that, as opposed to most right-minded people I also quite like Alien3 (hints of Fincher’s directorial skills and top UK cast) and Alien:Resurrection (too much of a Jeunet and Caro fan to not like it).

slainte 😳 rob

wrightyson
    Free Member

I love both alien and aliens but so different! The suspense generated in alien was literally breathtaking! I remember watching as a young kid and being shit scared!! Aliens however is just proper testosterone fuelled mayhem, I’ll never forget, again as a kid, watching Vasquez doing long arm chin ups! She would rip princess leia’s heart out!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hudson @ Vasquez: “have you ever been mistaken for a man?”
    Vasquez: “no, have you?”

PrinceJohn

I don’t understand, why are people talking about Highlander 2, there’s no such movie

You’ll be telling us next there are prequels to the star wars films…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Alien prequel trailer’ is closed to new replies.