Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Alfine 11spd
  • spokebloke
    Free Member

Got my hands on a new 11spd Alfine – but I have no idea what gearing to use.
    Same as 8spd?
    New Charge Duster 11 is running 32:20 which seems bloomin’ low to me.

packer
    Free Member

There is a lot of discussion about this in this thread on MTBR:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=590178

Where did you get your hub from? I can’t find any UK shops that have it yet.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on it once you get it going.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Why not look at what gearing you use on a geared bike and work from that?

duckman

Make sure to post what you think of it,I am interested to see how it compares to the 8sp

IanMunro
    Free Member

A mates got one a bike, didn’t really have a play, but the shifter was way nicer than the 8 speed one, and works the right way round 🙂

scu98rkr
    Free Member

The 8 speed shifter does work the right way round !

cy

As I understand it the majority of the extra range on the 11 speed is at the lower end, so you either run the same ratio as 8spd and get a couple more easier gears for the hills, or increase your ratio a little to get a little more at either end, so to speak.

boblo
    Free Member

Where from? Genesis had one on their stand at the show yesterday but couldn’t confirm when they’d be available on a bike to buy.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i know planetX/on-one have at least one.

they gave it to me by accident when i asked for an alfine8…

i’m a geek, so weighed both, they both weigh 1690grams (naked, no sprocket or cable pulley, washers or nuts).

monkeyboyjc

I bought an Alfine 11 on ebay today – bargain at 35% off the retail.

a 32t up front and 18 rear will give about the same ratios as a 24 granny, 32 middle 10 speed system.

i’ll be running mine with a 32t to start as thats all i have and i spent the spare cash on the Alfine.

spokebloke
    Free Member

Built up the wheel last week, got the bike finished this morning.
    Initial impressions here.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Where from? Genesis had one on their stand at the show yesterday but couldn’t confirm when they’d be available on a bike to buy.

The Genesis iO ID 11 speed is available now. The wheel kits for the bike came into stock last week.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Alfine 11spd’ is closed to new replies.