Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Alfine 11 speed spoke length
  • cupra
    Free Member

I built my own 8 speed rear wheel using 257mm spokes. Is the 11 speed hub the same dimensions as the 8 speed? Basically for the 8 speed I cut and threaded the spokes to the correct length and I’ll probably do the same this time but the shimano site doesn’t have the dimensions on it. Basically can anyone confirm spoke length for the build? 26″ wheel. I know it varies with rim and numner of spokes so all input appreciated.
    Thanks.

wwaswas

best bet is to get the hub and rim dimensions and then use the DTSwiss or other (Sheldon has a few) spoke calculater to work it out.

cupra
    Free Member

I knew someone would say that 🙂 I used it for the alfine 8 and it was wrong 🙁 Thanks.

On another note, then, anyone want to give me the hub dimensions?

Del

ok, i’ll say it differently, and point you in the direction of another calculator 😀
    get spocalc. it’s a spreadsheet that you can plug the numbers into. the website also has diagrams on how to measure the hub up. you need a ruler and the edge of a table. if you can cut spokes and roll threads i dare-say you can handle a measuring stick. 🙂
    if you don’t have ms excel then download openoffice ( openoffice.org ) for free.

cupra
    Free Member

Thanks, if only shimano put the dimensions on their website! Guess I’ll just need the buy the hub and go from there. Thanks.

Evesie
    Free Member

This thread on Retrobike gives the Alfine 11 dims as near as makes no difference to the 8 speed.

Retrobike Alfine thread with hub dims

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Alfine 11 speed spoke length’ is closed to new replies.