Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Aldi
  • stevewhyte
    Free Member

Anyone bought anything today. Want to know if the premier jerseys are any good and the ultra lightweight jackets.

No doubt they will all be gone by the time i get home from work!!!

mountainman

If their gear is same spec as Lidl then they are good value, they were a week earlier in Eire.

Plus got their sports sunglasses with three sets of lenses,excellent value.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

no jerseys available at my store, packable jackets mitt gloves and glasses all seem very good value

cyrilswan
    Free Member

Just spent half my lunch break walking to and from Aldi.
    Not a single item of bike gear for sale 👿

cyrilswan
    Free Member

Just spent half my lunch break walking to and from Aldi.
    Not a single item of bike gear for sale 👿

captaintomo
    Free Member

Got my self a pair of shoes. Very good value and also they are wide enough for my feet! Result

crush83
    Free Member

Had a few bits in my local store but no work stands. 🙁

teethgrinder

Last xl jacket in Bish Vegas… and nice it is too.

sparkyrhino

Got ultra light jacket,softshell( just wear as a gilet).both fit very nice and look decent.Also got 12l hydration backpack, very impressed with that, seems good quality rubberised zip closures and tuckaway rain cover. Had quite a few bits left in my local store( castleford w yorks)

scotroutes

I had a nosey around the Livi branch mid-morning. I was interested in the soft-shell shorts but the stitching on the three I inspected was pretty dire. Someone on one of the other Aldi threads reports that his rucksack has come apart already.

dannyh
    Free Member

Casual shorts bought at lunchtime. Seem pretty good. Sizing is a bit big, but should be ok with padded shorts underneath. My current fave shorts are Tesco 8 quid camo jobs, so I’m not fussy! The Tesco ones have been just as good as some endura humvees I had before.

There are some things that are worth splashing out on. Shoes, backpacks, etc are all worth spending dosh on if the expensive ones happen to suit you. Baggy shorts are just frigging baggy shorts! Make sure they are vaguely man-made fibre and have at least one pocket and you’re away.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I went to look at the rucsacs. Not impressed. Very cheap and nasty!

butcher

The jerseys look very decent for the price. Wasn’t keen on the colours myself though…

Ambrose

Does anybody know where these goods are manufactured?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

My guess would be in a factory.

Ambrose

In Bangladesh perhaps?

stanfree
    Free Member

Bought a £9.99 pack a mack jacket , Its pretty decent but never going to be a Montane Velo. The multi tool looked ok but I have loads and the Mitts seemed a bloody nightmare to get off so I didn’t bother. The Road jerseys seemed Ok but I bought some Decathlon Btwins which were much better made.

dibboid
    Free Member

Managed to get there this afternoon, got the softshell jacket the fingerless gloves, a couple of pairs of socks, some groovy biscuits and a couple of bottles of ale. Sorted!

scotroutes

Groovy biscuits FTW

dibboid
    Free Member

Groovy biscuits FTW

Damn right! They don’t last long tho. Ate 2 already! 🙂

edhornby

the groovy biscuits used to be called ‘disco biscuits’* which I much preferred

*euphemism for ecstasy

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Aldi’ is closed to new replies.