Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Aksium owners…
  • teasel
    Free Member

My 2008 pair are almost at the end of their life and, as I’ve had no issues with mine over the years, thought I’d simply grab another set. However, yesterday at my LBS a chap claimed he’d seen some spoke failures on recent models and had reservations as to their strength nowadays, claiming the design had been altered.

Anyone had any issues with models later than the 2008 – spokes breaking at the hub end, nipples being ripped out of rims etc…?

xcstu
    Free Member

I had some 2009 ones and only last 6months… rims seemed to be made of butter ;-/

Had no problems with spokes and the hubs were nice and smooth!

twinklydave

Did this a couple of years a go to one….but the replacements are still going strong (apart from the worn-wafer-thin rims that, I sense, are going to go pop at some inopportune moment!

hammerite
    Free Member

Not sure how old mine are, had them a couple of years at least. Never had a problem with mine, but I don’t think they would be a new design anyway.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I had 2 spokes go on my 2007 anyway – not sure the age makes any difference therefore?

qwerty
    Free Member

2010’s here, no probs commuting a lightweight rider on A roads, only seen mud a few times but no issues to report. I reckon every wheelset produced has some that breaks some spokes and I wouldn’t read too much into it. I believe they are on enough off the peg bikes to have highlighted any serious flaws.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Aksium owners…’ is closed to new replies.