• This topic has 20 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • akira
  • swiss01
    Free Member

live action akira? i’d watch that for a dollar!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/nov/08/zac-efron-akira-shotaro-kaneda

bassspine
    Free Member

dunno, hollywood can really destroy films when it ‘re-imagines’ them 🙁

oh hell, I’d still go to see it…

kimbers

im certain they will ruin it
    hollywood will garuantee a happy ending and destroy the story to make it more pallatable to the widest possible commercial market

coffeeking
    Free Member

I was so expecting that to be a brilliant typo. Oh well.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Ever watched the “live action” version of Fist Of The North Star?
    Don’t bother, it was pants 🙁

mintimperial

Dear God no, that’ll be utterly dreadful.

billybob
    Free Member

sounded good til I got as far as Zac Efron

BobaFatt
    Free Member

oh god, this is going to bomb, it’s too much of a cult flick really to be interesting enough to the mainstream, and Zac Efron is too much the High School Musical **** to pull it off convincingly.

Looks like another Dragonball film to me, but i’ve been wrong before

Whatever happened to the WETA backed live action Neon Genesis Evangelion? (one of the finest anime of all time in my opinion)

tomsk01
    Free Member

Why do they have to do it??? do scriptwriters in Hollywood not have enough imagination to come up with original material?! if you can’t better it, don’t bother 😥

beanieripper
    Free Member

It will be souless pap….

MtbCol
    Free Member

The US movie industry just doesn’t have a clue on how to do live action remakes of quality anime. A live action Akira is just going to bomb at the box office if they keep faithful to the storyline, the only thing that might save it is if they can pull off the visuals so that it looks stunning.
    As has been said above, Fist of the North Star – total bobbins.
    Then you have Guyver Bio Booster armour Live action movies. I laughed so hard at how bad they were, even though they tried and in my opinion failed to condense a series into a couple of 2 hour movies.

My suggestion? Leave the live action to the Japanese – the Live action Death Note is really, really good!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I really can’t see it as a big budget hollywood action effects type movie. Anyway, what’s the point? It’s great as it is. Lack of ideas in the big production houses? On the other hand, I think Slaine would make a great hollywood type action film if done right.

Kahurangi

Why do they have to do it??? do scriptwriters in Hollywood not have enough imagination to come up with original material?!

Maybe you should see this thread for a bit more soul destruction 🙁

Lifer
    Free Member

dunno, hollywood can really destroy films when it ‘re-imagines’ them

Fig.1

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KMYx8lG59A[/video]

Lifer
    Free Member

Jon Taylor – Member

Why do they have to do it??? do scriptwriters in Hollywood not have enough imagination to come up with original material?!

Maybe you should see this thread for a bit more soul destruction

I’m actually looking forward to Tron, lots of people from the original involved

monkeychild
    Free Member

Oh FFS!!! Dear Holywood please stay the hell away from any Japanese Anime or Manga series!!!
    I am currently reading the epic Akira manga and the animated film only covers the first book and a bit.
    I am sorry but they will ruin something that should not be touched. If Akira needed to be remade it would be in the form of a Japanese anime series and follow the manga.
    I like anime and I hate Hollywood destroying it.

CountZero

Zak Efron and a 13 Rating. It’ll be about twenty minutes long by the time they cut all the violence out. Utterly crap idea. Guaranteed to tank.

Nick

How can making a crap remake movie ruin the original?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

How can making a crap remake movie ruin the original?

It can’t, unfortunately dumb people only remember the latest version and hold it up as the benchmark

DezB
    Free Member

Urotsukid?ji in the pipeline? 😯

Nick

It can’t, unfortunately dumb people only remember the latest version and hold it up as the benchmark

Or they might check out the original and discover something.

I totally reject any notion that it matters, whichever version you think is the best is the best, getting upset about a crap version seems to indicate somekind of feeling of ownership by the person making the statement, which is if you think about it, a bit bizarre.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘akira’ is closed to new replies.