Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • aiston wheel support rack
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Hi ..thinking of ordering one of these ,but the info and pics arent that great on the website ….
    has anyone got any pics or more info on the rack that they could send me ??

tonypcman@blueyonder.co.uk

Cheers Tony

leeph
    Free Member

Sorry got no pic’s of mine.

Great piece of kit though – bomb proof and takes heavy DH bikes we ease.

Highly recommended.

steveh

Again no pics for me either but you won’t regret getting one. 3 friends of mine now have them after seeing mine. Be wary of the 4 bike version unless you’ve got a big car though. This applies to any 4 bike rack though not just aiston’s, it’s a lot of weight hung off the back of your car.

Wiksey
    Free Member

Not got any pics of mine either (not really something I’ve ever thought of taking pictures of) but great rack, very solid.
    What are you trying to find out?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

cheers for all the replys so far..
    How do they attach to the towball ?? .. do they sit over the ball or behind it ?? … are they quick release from the towbar and how do the bikes attach ??

Tony

leeph
    Free Member

You’ll need a permanent towbar, the rack needs a plate mounted behind the towball.

The only photo I have of the bike rack.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2725727/

Wiksey
    Free Member

You need a two bolt towbar and it all attaches to a plate that sits between the ball seation and the main arm (similar to a Pendel) – longer bolts are provided with the rack.
    The rack drops into a square section and is held in place with two bolts to it goes nowhere.
    The bike wheels sit in two d-sections and then you drop a swan neck peice down onto the top-tube and tighten up another bolt.
    The bike can’t hop out cos it’s held top and bottom and the whole rack is made out of box-section steel and bolted together with big chunky bolts.

Nick

Is that the only way they fit? Pendles come in two different versions for the two different types of towbar, my co car came with the non-removable version (I didn’t have a choice). Really fancy an Aiston too. Would be a shame if they won’t fit. Have e-mailed them anyway.

Wiksey
    Free Member

Nick – Yep, that’s the way the standard wheel mount one fits. Also, if you want a quick responce pick up the phone. Brian is a really nice guy and his racks are great but he’s not great at responding to emails.

Muke
    Free Member

Nick, I think the only answer is to fit an adaptor like thishttp://www.wilmond.co.uk/acatalog/Cycle_Carriers.html to your swan neck. I have a similar dilema, I want a 4bike wheel support rack. So get a Pendle with ball mount or hope that the Wilmond adaptor does the trick and get a stronger Aiston as recomended by several people on here.

Have you heard back from Aiston, maybe they should look at making an adaptor themselves ?

Muke
    Free Member

Just found a Mottez that fits all towbar types. Anyone have one of these ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘aiston wheel support rack’ is closed to new replies.