Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Aiston 3X cycle rack question…
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

OK, looks like I will be following some of the advice on here and getting a Aiston 3X cycle rack to go on the back of the campervan for use when towing a small trailer (Erde 142).
    The question is, are the arms in any way adjustable, can’t remember where I read it but I thought somewhere suggested they were, so, are they? If so, in which direction?

I am pretty sure I will have to spin the bars to get the bikes on with the very straight back on the van but I am just wondering how well it will fit into the frame on my Fuel EX9.
    Tried emailing but some of the posts also seemed to suggest the phone is a better way of making contact, and it is a bit late 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Anyone?

bruneep

I have the 2x rack, the arms slide in and out to suit the wheelbase of the bike. When loading the bike on the rack put them opposite way round. 1 facing left to right next right to left etc.

I have carried 3 bikes on the 2 bike rack by taking the wheels off 1 bike and bungee the frame to the outside bike and the wheels in the boot.

I have a hustler and it fits no problem. Can do a pic tomorrow if you want.

steveh

The arms are a fixed distance from the back of the vehicle if that’s what you mean. The wheelbases are adjustable and the vertical arms can sit in 2 different positions and be raised or lowered to suit. I’ve had a lot of bikes on mine of all shapes and sizes and never found anything that doesn’t fit. The vertical post has a slide fit hook which fits over the top tube and locks in place with a nut so is fine on anything.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Ah, wonder if that is what I had read. You are both talking about the racks with wheel cradles? I am thinking of the ones the bike hangs from to go above the towing arm to the trailer.

This one…

bruneep

Ah well you’ve bought the wrong one then. 😉

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Not bought, will be buying the wrong one 🙂
    The Thule 3 bike one will stay for non-trailer duty, but big trips need a different approach, and the Pendle high rack thing is just a bit expensive/about £200 more!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Aiston 3X cycle rack question…’ is closed to new replies.