Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Airfix Models
  • tartanscarf

This must be my worst post ever. Does anyone know where to get or how to find out of stock old Airfix kits? I’m specifically interested in the ships Terra Nova and Discovery. It looks like Airfix made them a few years back but they are all gone now. Does anyone have any pointers?

Ta
    TS

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ebay?

Edit – just looked and there are loads but none of the specific kits you mention just now. So set up a search for it and be alerted when someone lists them.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Try the IPMS website, (International Plastic Modellers Society)
    There’ll be someone on there who’ll know.

hp_source

These guys might be worth a try, the ones you list aren’t on their site, but the list doesn’t seem too comprehensive. If memory serves me right for the amount on the shelves at the shop, not everything is on the site.

http://www.halifaxmodellersworld.co.uk/

Muke
    Free Member

I was looking at Airfix models that I had made when I were a lad in my local Hobbycraft.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Older Airfix kits were dreadful quality; the new toolings are much better and easier to spot as the boxes have nice red flashes, but you still stand a chance of getting a real dog.

Tamiya, Hasegawa, Academy are much better; Revell aren’t bad either and pretty good value

project
    Free Member

Try http://www.airfix.co.uk list of stockists at bottom of page, the discovery was first produced in 1969

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Apparantly my brothers work mate has a room full. He gave his two daughters a set each of a Spitfire and Messerschmitt Bf 110. Agree with john_drummer the quality of them is a bit shonky like some of the parts not fitting flush with each other.

goon
    Free Member

quality of them is a bit shonky like some of the parts not fitting flush with each other.

That’s when it becomes ‘modelling’ rather than ‘assembling’. And when the fun starts!

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Yea I know I built a lot of cars and motorbikes and often had to file bits to make them fit but these were shonky that I think even filling wouldn’t have made much difference like the canopy just didn’t fit square on one of the Spitfires.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Airfix Models’ is closed to new replies.