Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Air pressure in Fox 36 Float
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

What air pressure is everyone running in their Floats??

I’m 185lbs and it suggests around 60psi. To complicate matters I’ve lowered them from 160mm travel down to 100mm, does the air pressure change? Can’t get my head around whether it should or not.

Bascially, what’s the best way to tune them to your weight?

khani
    Free Member

Sag…generally between 20-30% of whatever travel your running, or go for a ride and fiddle with a pump til they feel good

frogger
    Free Member

Me, 90kg and 70psi. Mate of mine is 110kg and uses 88psi.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Will do that sag thing, seems to be running through a lot of travel quite easily at the moment.

khani
    Free Member
    mboy
    Free Member

Will do that sag thing, seems to be running through a lot of travel quite easily at the moment.

Kinda what I found on my 07 Float 36’s. They can blow through travel easily, then the last 30mm (on mine at least) they just stop, it’s like they’ve got the worlds most solid bottom out bumper in them! Don’t think I’ve ever had more than about 132mm of travel out of them…

You got R’s or RC2’s? I found on my RC2’s running more low speed compression damping than I was expecting to helped stop them blowing through the travel as much.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

RC2s – will be gutted if I only get 132mm of travel as they are wound down to 100mm 😉

mboy
    Free Member

LOL

What year?

Can you get the last 30mm of travel at all on yours?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

They’re 2010s and not tried yet to get the last 30mm, will see what I can do though

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Chucked in about 95psi and getting sag of around 20% now.

Read on other forums that people are running them with like 40-50psi in them and finding them working OK! 😯

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Air pressure in Fox 36 Float’ is closed to new replies.