• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ahhh. This explains everything. Must be true , BBC article.
  • singletrackmind

They suggested that this could cause problems when driving, playing sports involving complex moves, using a map or remembering how to get somewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-14154404

You throw like a teenage girl who drank more than 3 pints at a time.

samuri
    Free Member

Binge-drinking young women were defined as those drinking more than three pints of beer or more than four glasses of wine at one sitting. Binge-drinking men drank four pints of beer or a bottle of wine.

I clearly know a lot more binge-drinkers than I first thought then. I know a number of people who drink a bottle of wine every night, sometimes more.

Stoner
    Free Member

I consider binge drinking to be more about sporadic increases in intake: i.e. to drink a bottle of wine in a one night and then nothing else for the rest of the week. That is binge drinking.

Drinking a bottle of wine every night is perfectly fine though 🙂

richmars

That’s a result!
    I’m a binge drinker.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont drink but using that criteria I assume every drinker is a binge drinker

They suggested that this could cause problems when driving, playing sports involving complex moves, using a map or remembering how to get somewhere.

so every woman I have ever met was a teenage binge drinker then 😉

Northwind

That’s not binge drinking, it’s just drinking. FFS.

According to another definition I read, I became a binge drinker when I cut my drinking down to almost nothing- because the rare occasions I do drink are disproportionately high compared to all the occasions I don’t, that’s binging. But if I was to have a few drinks through the week that’d make it all fine.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Someone who drinks a bottle of wine every night is definitely not a binge drinker.

I believe the word for that is Alcoholic

MSP

1 bottle a night, I think “lightweight” would be a more appropriate word

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ahhh. This explains everything. Must be true , BBC article.’ is closed to new replies.