• This topic has 45 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by robh.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Agghhh Sports Direct!!
  • brack
    Free Member

Sorry just had to get that off my chest!

What a god awful company!

I only want to buy a Karrimor rucksack off them and wouldnt mind trying it on before I buy.

Their customer services is non contactable and trying to find out about this items availability is proving impossible via the grunting store staff that I have so far encountered.

Worse still they appear to own half of the outdoor brands in the UK these days!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Errrr, its big chain shop that stocks things in bulk and sells at a huge discount? If you want customer service go to blacks, but you’ll pay at least trebble.

allthepies
    Free Member

Warning: moon on a stick content

derp
    Free Member

Sports Direct business model is stack it, very, high and sell it cheap. Most of the stuff they sell are their own labels, or old brands they have bought the licenses to.

As above, if you want good service and the ability to get a refund, go to John Lewis, Blacks etc.

brack
    Free Member

I know what sports direct is thank you…and I generally avoid it.

But

I have been looking at one of their Karrimor rucksacks which has had relatively good reviews and unfortunately appears unavailable anywhere else.

All that I have been trying to achieve is some feedback from them as to where I can view this item.

From chatting to all of the companies that they have taken over…their staff appear as equally as frustrated by them as I am.

Hairychested
    Free Member

For the record, a mate of mine worked at Blacks in Kensington High Street some time ago. A real outdoorsy type of a guy, knew everything about mountaineering, trekking, camping etc. He was told by his supervisor – don’t advise, just sell.

derp
    Free Member

From chatting to all of the companies that they have taken over…their staff appear as equally as frustrated by them as I am

Well, its run by every Newcastle United fan’s favourite person, Mike Ashley, so it’s hardly surprising.

Bottom line is you just have to go in there….or is it avaialble off the website?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I bought some walking boots from them, got home to find out the box they’d given me didn’t have a matching pair in, but they had charged my as if it was the cheaper pair (about a fiver less) even though it was the more expensive ones that I wanted.

Drove all the way back and they got me the right shoes and despite me pointing out that I had just had to drive back and it was their mistake they wouldn’t let me take the shoes without paying the extra!

But, for many things (i.e. cheap clothes to wear whilst doing sports) they are very good!

the-muffin-man

If you order it online you can just return it within 7 days anyway. All it costs you is return postage.

FWIW – everything I’ve ordered from them has arrived very quickly with no fuss.

brack
    Free Member

Muffin man thats true…

But postage on a rucksack of £8.00 just to try the thing on and then possibly decide its not right.

Could get quite expensive me thinks

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve used them loads and never had problems

Got to be the fastest delivery too – ordered 7pm Sunday eve, on the doorstep at 8 Monday morning

scaredypants

🙄

that’s it, just 🙄

dooosuk
    Free Member

It’s £8 for christs sake…buy it…if you don’t like it and don’t want to pay the return postage either a) put in in the bottom/back of the cupboard or b) sell it on Ebay and no doubt make a profit.

brack
    Free Member

🙄

Stoopid stoopid me….just wanting a bit of customer service.

For christ sake….stoopid stooopid me

uplink
    Free Member

Can’t you just ring your nearest shop rather than CS to see if they have it?

bigyinn
    Free Member

£8??? Just by it and its no good, flog it on here for what you paid for it.
    I was expecting it to cost about £60 the way the OP was talking!

stevemtb
    Free Member

I bought a driver from there (golf club!) for £15, just play occasionally so though it’d do the job.

It broke on my first round after a nice contact with the ball, don’t think I hit the ground overly hard at any point.

When I returned it the woman behind the counter looked at me like I was the world’s biggest muppet and said ‘What did you expect for £15?’. Unbelievable, it was true but still expected it to last for a few rounds!!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

When I returned it the woman behind the counter looked at me like I was the world’s biggest muppet and said ‘What did you expect for £15?’. Unbelievable, it was true but still expected it to last for a few rounds!!

One of those rare occasions where you were both right.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Now sports direct own Karrimor its no longer possible to differentiate between the quality Karrimor and the cheap rubbish Karrimor.

TooTall
    Free Member

Reviews of an £8 rucsack? You are looking to spend buttons at the bottom end of the market and you want to check the ergonomics? It will probably fall apart in the rain anyway – Karrimor ceased to be a good name when Sports Direct bought it.

Tell me your next purchase is a second hand Ford Ka and you are insisting it goes on a rolling road before you buy it!

scaredypants

It’s not a £8 rucksack – that’s the postage OP would lose out on if it didn’t suit him

I still think this is like complaining that ryanair stewardess didn’t bring you a martini with an olive in it, when asked

the-muffin-man

Is the same product on Amazon? Sports Directs shipping appears to be £3.99 on there.

binners

I’m still gobsmacked that people do their own shopping. Never mind at some frightful pre-fab barn in some prole-infested, out-of-town hell-hole. I bet its sandwiched between Tesco’s and JD Sports, isn’t it?

You require a rucksack. There’s simply only one route to take. My butler has had extensive painful and unnecessary surgery, so his bodyshape now exactly mirrors my own. I regularly pack him off to the Country Pursuits dept of Harvey nicks and try on an array of backpacks to find the one that would please me the most. Should he fail in this simple task, I’ll have him thrown to the hounds.

Sports Direct indeed. Pfft! Peasant!

TooTall
    Free Member

binners – you don’t have porters?

Prole.

donsimon
    Free Member

brack – Member

Stoopid stoopid me….just wanting a bit of customer service.

For christ sake….stoopid stooopid me
    Without paying for it? Yes, stoopid, stoopid you..
    This is a troll, right?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

by the time you’ve driven somewhere that may have it in stock, paid for parking, had a coffee, etc, you’ll have surpassed the £8 return postage anyway.

wwaswas

you don’t have porters?

One doesn’t have porters, one owns them.

donsimon
    Free Member

One doesn’t have porters, one owns them.

Who went to the wrong school then? One has one’s porter whenever one feels like it.

binners

One has one’s porter whenever one feels like it.

What a frightful thought. Surely that’s the role of one’s serving wenches?

donsimon
    Free Member

See? Wrong school. *shakes head in disappointment*

binners

He didn’t go to the ‘other place’ did he Simon? The oik!

donsimon
    Free Member

*looks around nervously* Which other place? I think you’re confusing me with someone else… 8)

dooosuk
    Free Member

It’s not a £8 rucksack – that’s the postage OP would lose out on if it didn’t suit him

Are you sure?

There are £8 rucksacs for sale and I doubt it’d cost him £8 to return it.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I got some lovely Karrimor trail shoes from SD on Amazon for £15 came with a free mug and a torch. I was happy 🙂

brack
    Free Member

God I love this place!

Right. My post was a vent against SD’s lack of customer service – I am a customer who wants to buy one of their Karrimor Alpiniste rucksacks that have been recomended by several reputable outdoor retailers.

I am an experienced climber who knows his kit and isn’t some dumbass who usually does his shopping in some £1 store.

But having tried similar packs from Lowe Alpine, Crux and Macpac have yet yo tnx anything to replace my old Karrimor Alpiniste ( yes yes that’s when Karrimor were good yawn).

So am still looking, and based on the recommends of other outdoor stores who have simply suggested that ‘ the new alpinistes look ok’ I have decided to try and hunt one down. They are on their website and some of their stores apparantly but they are not able to tell me where or which size colour etc.

donsimon
    Free Member

And?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I am a better climber than you.

brack
    Free Member

And ?

They sell a recommended rucksack that I want to buy.. But would like to see it before buying it!

Jeez are you stoopid too ?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I bought some boots for 5 a side , found they were slightly too tight so took them back unused.They were reluctant to swap them for the next size up .checked them over with a magnifying glass and accused me of having played in them. got treated like a naughty teenager until i told them i know the law. got a very surly response and the larger pair, wouldn’t go back if the shit they sell was free.and a lot of the brands like karrimor have a reputation based on former glories, and are now cheap chinese nonsense .so there

dooosuk
    Free Member

But would like to see it before buying it!

Have you been into your local store?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Agghhh Sports Direct!!’ is closed to new replies.