Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Afan -Whites Level
  • Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Going to Afan on Saturday, What the going like?? Any snow that way? its a 6 hour round trip and dont want a wasted it???

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Someone must of been today!!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Bump, also going on Sat…

I suppose a lot will hinge on whether it snows tomorrow or not.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    judderman
    Free Member

at moment singletrack generaly ok but open sections & fireroad is slushey with sheet ice in places!

nickc

It's an all weather reinforced track….There's normally some puddles, but nothing that'll have you shrieking in horror…

Mudguards and pads are optional

IdleJon

nickc – Member
    It's an all weather reinforced track….There's normally some puddles, but nothing that'll have you shrieking in horror…

Yes, but if it freezes or snows it could be unrideable, as it was last week.

2bit
    Free Member

Havent been on Whites in the last week or so, so cant comment what its likie @ the mo'but I was up there in the heavy snow just before xmas.

Everything was rideable but much much more hardwork & slippery.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Asking specifically as we travelled all the way to Cwmcarn and were turned away

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

its really muddy thanks to the frost.

trebor
    Free Member

Was there on the weekend rode whytes an the wall. Agree with what has been said it's muddy but there was sheet ice in places. I think most of the ice will have gone by the weekend, but will be wet.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Isn't more snow forecast for that way this week? Not that I trust the Met office at the moment.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Thanks for all the comments, I think Im still going, a day away from fun control and the kids sounds just brilliant!!
    Anyone got any snow covered trail pics from last week???

GaryLake
    Free Member

So did any snow materialise out that way? Planning on Whites, Wall and Penhydd on Sat…

Mister-P
    Free Member

Reports of 4 inches in South Wales. Would like confirmation of that though.

redx

Phone the guys at Skyline Cycles, as they'd probably be happy to let you know what the weather's like. Just make sure you take them some cake to say thank-you……

brakeswithface

No snow in Swansea if that helps?

IdleJon

brakeswithface – Member
    No snow in Swansea if that helps?

Just rain, but that's normal…..off down to nice, dusty Clyne tonight.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Cmw carn still 'officially' closed but managed to ride the red route today :-). Lots of snow still on top. Not really that much fun tbh, you will need to push in some areas near the top. Lower areas are ok though.

Lummox

Afan the wall was absolutely fine on Wednesday, few puddles but that was all, only snow we saw was on some mountain we drove over, afan forest park was fine. So was the rather lovely girl from Cardiff but I can't promise she'll be there.

Ambrose

Wet, warmer now. you won't be needing ice tyres.

GaryLake
    Free Member

In case anyone is interested, it's mostly good on Whites, Wall and Penhydd.

Penhydd is a bit puddle strewn on sidewinder. And that pointless section before Hidden Valley is closed as usualy this time of year.

Wall, generally great, bit plastered after the final descent though.

Whites, all perfect except the exposed area on the Energy section which is a total cack fest.

blackchrome
    Free Member

it was filthy

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Afan -Whites Level’ is closed to new replies.