Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Afan – remind me how techy the W2 is please
  • tobyho
    Free Member

We’re going back to Afan next weekend.

Rode there last year and remember the W2 being less rocky than Coed. In fact the whole ride seemed less techy. But now Googling around I find people mentioning how challenging Afan is.

Being from Essex we dont like big rocks and slippery steps. Please remind me what it’s like..

goog
    Free Member

not very

ahwiles
    Free Member

not very.

none of anything at Afan is very techy, lots of fun though!

Milkie
    Free Member

Not seen any ‘puters on the trail. 😆

joolsburger
    Free Member

No very there is a little section on the Whites climb that is a bit rocky for a hundred meters or so but otherwise is all a doddle.

rkk01
    Free Member

My 8 year old did the Wall a few weekends ago 😆

16stonepig
    Free Member

Depends how fast you go, I reckon.

The faster, the less techy…

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

zero go fast and its fun

cabbage84
    Free Member

theres one tiny techy bit on the wall that is about 50 yards long its a tiny rock crop

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Mostly it’s a blast. I understand your comparison with CyB – W2 does not seem so heavily armoured as MBR/Dragon.

There’s a tricky bit on Y Wall called Tombstones/Graveyard or sommat which is easy to avoid. Not everyone likes the woodworks on Whytes, but it’s just a mental thing. There’s a slightly awkward rock steppy bit near the end of Whytes, but it’s not much really. The rocks there are quite grippy and it rides very well in the wet – good job because it often is.

sheldona
    Free Member

Afan is only ‘techie’ if you ride it hard and fast. Everything is rollable but when speed is increased air will be had!
    Coed is just rocky to make you think your* trail (Center) bike is worth it. I think riding Afan hard is techier than Coedy.

*generally speaking, not aimed at OP

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Not particularly tecnical but great fun. The end of the black run has a big rock step just after the big drop and the wood sections have largely been widened/sanitised. On the final descent there is a rocky section that you may want to have a good look at before riding it. whites level is a great little trail imo.

only challenging section on wall is graveyard. apart from that fairly straightforward

thekingofsweden

Could we get an updoc report on whites if anyones been down lately ?

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Afan – remind me how techy the W2 is please’ is closed to new replies.