Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Afan – Glyncorrwg, camping ?
  • Trimix
    Free Member

Is there still camping and showers / toilets etc.

I was planning on camping up there this weekend. Is the security as bad as people say ?

Trimix
    Free Member

Can you camp anywhere else ?

Android
    Free Member

I did that once, didn’t sleep a wink got completely drenched and packed up at first light. Won’t be doing that again. I prefer the secure storage and roof over my head that you get at Afan Lodge, or Green Lantern if that’s full.

superfli
    Free Member

I’ve only ever camped when staying at GC. Its always been fine for security for us, the old guy who seems to run the campsite offers a locked\secure room for the bikes, although we’ve alwyas put them in the van.
    Showers went up towards the end of last year, they are now £1 a go – probably get 2 washes out of that if quick. Only 2 showers, so it can get busy, but it wont be at this time of the year.

£5/night/person

bagpuss
    Free Member

I’ve not had a problem camping there, other than midges in the summer. If you use the ‘secure lockup’ be aware that it’s only secure when locked up, in the morning the old fella there often just unlocks it and leaves it. I always take a big heavy lock or keep the bike in the van with me. And take earplugs if you want to sleep well.

The Lodge is great but I think min of 2 nights and if you’re going solo a fair bit more expensive. Food there is great and a big Welsh breakfast just right for the first climb of the day.

Showers are better at the other site now, cleaner and with the price hike at GC worth it.

Bryn Bettws are advertising camping now, not been there, yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Afan – Glyncorrwg, camping ?’ is closed to new replies.