Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ae Red Route/Omega Man Changes
  • FCRanger
    Free Member

Just to say there’s been a few changes to the red route at Ae recently. Firstly on the back of the surfacing last year at Granny Green Luv and Bran Burn Bash, we’ve now resurfaced Nil Desperandum, and have moved onto Rabs Slippy One. The surfacing work is going to carry on to some of the Omega Man as well, and hopefully by the end of the month we should be pretty well through it! We’re using small diversions on some areas, but mostly we just ask that people push past the work sites once signalled to do so by the contractors.

There has also been a 500m section of the Omaga Man thats had a massive facelift!! We’ve taken what was a dead straight section with a couple of jumps in it, and turned it into a series of sweeping, flowing berms!

Check the 7 Stanes blog for photos!!

Small changes make a massive difference at Ae!!

plumber
    Free Member

I was there last Thursday and applaud all the good work sir

However I prefered the jumps as were rather than the new berms.

I also like how the formally massive berms down to the river have degraded to the extent they are now unpredictible to ride

Thanks again

Plum

simonralli2
    Free Member

I have to say I wasnt planning on doing Ae again but I shall certainly return one more time. I have a sore throat right now but may go later in the week to check it all out. I think the thing for me was getting too shaken up on various sections on my HT, but I will certainly enjoy at least checking out the revamp.

rOcKeTdOg

My buddy broke his hip on a rock at the side of those jumps, do welcome berms instead!

richmtb

Pictures look good. I take it its the top section of Omega man, before the fireroad and where the Shredder joins it.

Must admit I quite liked the straight jumpy section, it was probably my favourite part of the Ae Enduro. Will probably give Ae a go on Sunday and see what the new trail is like

scotabroad

I was wondering what ride to do this week to get back to fitness, you’ve motivated me to get back up to Ae, cheers 🙂

scotabroad

Went round this today and the Ae route has improved a lot due to the resurfacing work, definitely a more enjoyable trail now. Not too sure about the new berms on Omega mind but I probably wasnt going fast enough to get enough out of them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ae Red Route/Omega Man Changes’ is closed to new replies.