Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Ae Forest – Mega Enduro Route?
  • Matinmidiswa
    Free Member

Does anyone know the route the Mega Enduro will take? Is it the same as last year, and if so anyone know what the special stages were last year?

Cheers
    M.

RHSno2
    Free Member

AVALANCHE ENDURO AE FOREST – SPECIAL STAGES
    The AE FOREST enduro tracks will be kept secret until May 08th, training day.
    Special stage, down hill section which will be timed will be closed to the public on May 08th and 09th , though link sections will be opened so we aks you to follow the signs and to be careful.

Very Important Info:
    Rider will have a chip and marshals will swap rider at the end of each stage. For that reason it will have chicanes to slow down riders.
    Please think that you make your race on a track and not at the finish.

We can tell you some info about each Special Stage:

Seeding Run: It will on the Special Stage 1 but you will start higher in order to make more the difference. Time will be about 4 minutes for the top rider.
    The Seeding Run has got a free ride section in the middle, some flat parts where you need to pedal, speed turns. It is in a middle of the Forest.

– SS1: You will know SS1 as you ride on it on Saturday. The start will be on a flat forest road as you will start 2 by 2. We will leave some turns open in order to pass the rider in front if it is necessary.

– SS2: A bit more than 2 min. for the top rider, short special stage where it almost go down, no section where you need to pedal.

– SS3: It might have been a link section but we prefered take it as special stage. Very Very quick one 1min45 for the best riders, you can forget to breath and give the best of yourself on that one very easy.

– SS4: The hardest one in about 7 minutes. Long special stage, with down hill and up hills, some flat sections. You can suffer in that if you forget to breath ! There won't have a lot space to pass the rider with you only at the begining of the stage.

– SS5: It is a very fast special stage but there will have some chicanes. It goes down but if you want to make a good time you can pedal a bit … best time 2 min 25

– SS6: last one is a soft down hill. At the end of the stage some different lines will be open as well you could pass the rider with you. About 3 min for the top riders.

mrplow
    Free Member

starting in pairs down the Shredder will be…fun lol

grumm
    Free Member

I bet this will be ace – wish I could do it this year. Would love to race on the Shredder track.

Phatman
    Free Member

Anyone got any thoughts on the "racing as pairs" format they've adopted this year. Could be interesting although I fear there'll be elbows out and 4x tak out's resulting in finish line fights!

STATO
    Free Member

Thats crap! Entry for this event was f*&%$ing expensive and now if the guy your paired with goes down and blocks the track your race is stuffed. Im not exactly fast but enjoy racing at my own pace, not impressed about having to keep out of the way of someone else (for their or my benefit). I dont remember entering a dual slalom race.

grumm
    Free Member

Where does it say about starting in pairs?

STATO
    Free Member

On the press release, tho it mentions it in passing in the rider e-mail (what RHSno2 posted above).

you will start 2 by 2

Phatman
    Free Member

8.30 am Start 2 by 2 every 30 sec.
    eg: n°1 & 2, 30 secondes later n°3 & 4 and so on

SS1 First start: 9 am n°1 & 2
    SS2 First start: 9.45 am n°1 & 2
    SS3 First start: 10.20 am n°1 & 2
    SS4 First start: 10.40 am n°1 & 2
    SS5 First start: 11.30 am n°1 & 2
    SS6 First start: 12.07 pm n°1 & 2

During the race on Sunday you will be 2 by 2 so please respect the competitors who is against you. It is a fun week end not a fight week end !
    You will be swaped at the end of each Special Stage, chicanes will make the end but don't forget that marshals won't run after you you have to stop where they are.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Agreed with Stato.

Not sure if I'm fully entered or not as got the latest email but on the registration website it doesnt look like i've paid and I cant find anything on my card statement. Anyways the whole system is pretty pants.

If I did in fact pay then I'll be asking for a refund as didnt enter a 4x race! Its a real shame as I've done all the other uk based avalanches and done the mega twice and thought all the events were brilliant.

The reason given for the 2 by 2 is so that the weather conditions are the same for everyone, clearly boshank as its to make money, I've obviously got no problem with people making money and thats all fair enough but they should have just made the day longer instead of fundamentally changing the race.

If I am paid up then I'll be asking for a refund
    [ends rant]

grumm
    Free Member

Dunno, sounds like it could be fun

RHSno2
    Free Member

Oh shhhsss. and MTFU. Jesus. What wingers you lot are.

This is standard Enduro practice. You will sprint and get ahead….or not. This will happen 6 times. This is an Enduro race. This will add to the buzz not take away.

Matinmidiswa
    Free Member

I agree with RHSno2. Surely the dual will make it more exciting and push you more, depending on who you're up against of course. Quite looking fwd to the Shredder now…

M.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Well, it should be someone that is of the same standard as you being it is decided by the prologue. Everone is in the same boat.

In my experience people let you pass or get out of the way if you are faster.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Mega = starting alongside 199 others = brilliant.
    Ae = starting alongside 1 other who might muck up my race = I want a refund.

???

I think it'll be a right buzz.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Haha, best make sure i dont mess the seeding up!

Rockplough
    Free Member

You could do a go-slow in the seeding run so you can get away from your partner a bit easier.

Phatman
    Free Member

Haha, best make sure i dont mess the seeding up!

Or you'll find yourself having to overtake 2-3 folk stu, this calls for some inventive line choices! 🙂

Fra-gy
    Free Member

sure it will be a laugh, some thinking to be done about how to tackle the prologue,just dont want to get with a super fast starter like a 4x or bmx'er who is fast off the start but no stamina and then holds me up.
    then again dont wont hounding down by some pro who had a mechanical in the prologue!!
    like I said bound to be a laugh :O)

willv

Where can u see the entry list? Paid up in the second wave and want to check I'm on there

Will be interesting that's for sure

Fra-gy
    Free Member

the seeding run is counted as part of your overall time, if you dont do it you get a 5 minute penalty added to the slowest time put on your total.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Its a seeding run BUT also counts to overall. So do your best and keep going.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Anyone excited?

amodicumofgnar

How come they missed the pun of AE-valanche Enduro? There's just no imagination or poor humour in mountain biking these days.

timber

Not that excited with all the faff of entering and extra bits of paper before getting separated from the mates I was intending to ride with, to a schedule and what sounds like a compromised setup to boost entry numbers.

Think I'll stick with the Mash-ups in future.

benjag
    Free Member

what are people doing regarding the doctors note/insurance stipulation?

bobbyspangles

stick with mash ups! thats has to be the worse race for organisation that i have ever had the pleasure of entering!

excited about this race, getting fired up!

Horse
    Free Member

just dont want to get with a super fast starter like a 4x or bmx'er who is fast off the start but no stamina and then holds me up.

Err, yeah, ok. You ridden with many decent BMX or 4x riders? They tend to be fairly frickin fast. The prologue will shake out the field. Looking forward to it.

RHSno2
    Free Member

Thats just funny. Its only a 4 minute frickin' sprint/hard pedal. If your slow out of start your be slow over the lot.

Hope the Ash cloud doesn't stop my flight though…

Fra-gy
    Free Member

Err, yeah, ok. You ridden with many decent BMX or 4x riders? They tend to be fairly frickin fast. The prologue will shake out the field. Looking forward to it.

yes mate nearly ever weekend!
    turning up with one who was 3rd in the world many moons ago.
    So I know what I'm talking about, a little.

Fra-gy
    Free Member

Any idea if any camping has been sorted out at the event?

EuroClive
    Free Member

Stages as per last year with minor adjustments… You aint seen me right 😉

Phatman
    Free Member

Suspected it might be, are they working with anyone over here this year clive?

EuroClive
    Free Member

Not that I'm aware, they have got a few "helpers" but no one having any input re planning etc. I'm just looking forward to hanging out with you all and riding my bike this time.

timber

Everything clicking into place at last, excitement reinstated.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Any idea if any camping has been sorted out at the event?

What? r'you thinking of racing in gold hot pants and benders?

Fra-gy
    Free Member

was trying to keep the outfit under wraps till the big day but never mind!

mrplow
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me what the course was last year?

grumm
    Free Member

If it's the same as the Kielder one they don't sort out any camping for you – should do really for the ticket price.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Ae Forest – Mega Enduro Route?’ is closed to new replies.