Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Advice please – Best iPhone 4 case for biking?
  • Mac
    Free Member

As the title says – Bought an iPhone 4 Christmas and want to protect it when going biking.

Anyone got any good recommendations to protect it when its in the camelpak?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

plastic sandwich bag?

Mac
    Free Member

I actually tried that.

Not good.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why not? I use ziplock bags snaffled from airports to protect phones etc, and they’re perfect, IMO.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I bought one of those battery pack cases: protection and a power boost. Essential if you want to log half decent rides on a GPS app

Taff
    Free Member

Do you remember those Wiggle neoprene phone cases that came with MBR – awesome! And insulates too…

TiRed

Take your old phone with a PAYG sim.

convert

If you are feeling flush (and I mean REALLY flush!) get a lifeproof case. Only available from the US direct from the company. Not only does it cost a bomb but the postage is expensive and the customs will want their cut too. But its very, very good – My phone comes swimming (tucked inside my wetsuit to pull out for photos etc) and kayaking now. They even do a bike mount for it now and the arm strap is on its way.

GrahamS

I got this one from Amazon at Xmas and I’m really impressed with it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0057FJ41Y

Case is waterproof and well made in tough plastic.
    Screen is still usable though sound is obviously pretty muffled.

If you don’t fancy having it on your bars then it unclips via a quick release so you can stow it in your bag instead.

razor1548
    Free Member

“Why not? I use ziplock bags snaffled from airports to protect phones etc, and they’re perfect, IMO. “

Because he misses his childhood and still has a little stiffy over his new toy and wants to buy another toy to go with it so they can all play happy families together!

Is it really not obvious to the point that it’s glowing red with a klaxon accompanying?

GrahamS

Because he misses his childhood and still has a little stiffy over his new toy..

Lol. I did use ziplock bags in the Camelbak Phone Pocket, but I got that mount because I wanted to be able to use the GPS and see incoming calls/texts on my commute.

No stiffy. Sorry.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Got the same as the amazon one above from DealExtreme for £12.

GrahamS

Was the DealExtreme one the same one tho hammy?

UltimateAddOns do six different iPhone 4 bike cases.

The amazon one above is the ruggedised waterproof one which is £28 direct from UltimateAddOns/UltimateMobiles.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Advice please – Best iPhone 4 case for biking?’ is closed to new replies.