Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Advice please
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ok back into MTB after about a 10 year sabbatical to raise 2 boys who are now getting MTB mad. Dusted down my trusty old steed below, but had front spoke went, middle ring is toothless both hubs shot to bits.

so do I rebuild this with parts from this century,
    or buy this with what little money I have:

philgood
    Free Member

hey Rogerthecat I’d get a pair of wheels and a chain ring and see how you get on, although you may find that you;ll be throwing money at the old bike because with the ring you may need a chain a cassette and jockey wheels, and , and ,,
    the bike you are looking at will certainly be faster due to the suspension, you wont be being robbed of speed on the bumpy stuff, and will probably be as much fun in different ways to ride, (bad english, soz)
    if you get the giant you will be a cool looking Dad though eh.

paule
    Free Member

If you’re looking at one of those giants, look on paul’s cycles – silly deal on them at the moment – less than half price! http://paulscycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b4s1p1746

I was half thinking of buying one just for the frame and wheels, then flogging the rest off on Ebay.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Cheers fellas – kinda confirmed what I thought and that deal is a steal.
    What size fframe for a 5’10” with 31″ inside leg?

paule
    Free Member

Probably the 17. I’m 6’2, and was looking at the 19.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Cheers all – bike bought, just waiting for delivery

bassspine
    Free Member

its going to be like christmas when that arrives 🙂

dr_adams
    Free Member

yeah, i think thats a good call! nice bike:)

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Am pacing the house in anticipation – all up delivered for £325, on the business cycle to work scheme makes it just about £200 – can’t even buy something nasty from Halfwits for that!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Advice please’ is closed to new replies.