Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Advice needed (tubeless content) pics inside
  • loddrik
    Free Member

So I just acquired some Bonty Rhythm pro wheels, they have been used tubeless previously and have a rim strip and valve on them. Can I remove the valve from the rim strip? If so, can I then stick a tube in or, as the rim strip I quite deeply recessed in the middle, do I then need to add an additional tube compatible rim strip?

With regards going tubeless, if I were to acquire some tubeless tyres, do I then only require sealant?

Thanks in advance 🙂

simondbarnes

Remove valve. Remove rim strip. Fit rim tape. Fit tube & tyre.

If you want to run tubeless in future then re-fit the tubeless strip and valve, fit tyre & sealant.

tegski
    Free Member

Valve comes out by removing collar on threaded side (i.e. spoke side of rim) and pushing valve out. You will then be able to use with a tube.
    I am currently using this system as pictured plus Stans liquid inside a normal tyre and running tubeless…but that then opens up the whole tubeless debate.
    Was very happy yesterday though – 7 hr race in a pair and saw lots of people changing tubes (Mt Stromlo eats them – lots of edges on the rocks 🙂 ) No stops for me though…
    PS I paid about $60 for the system that you say came with your wheels – you scored!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Advice needed (tubeless content) pics inside’ is closed to new replies.