Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Advice Needed – Open Gas Fire & Draughts
  • KonaTC

Having moved house recently my new house has an open gas fire in the living room, coal effect with a marble hearth and back plate finished with a wooden surround.

With the cold weather over Christmas I has noticed that the fire lets in quite a lot of cold air when not used. The metal parts of the fire are freezing cold to the touch

So after turning of the gas I have stuffed paper in the fire flue outlet holes, it reduced the draught. Or so I though…

The draught then emitted from the seal of the fire surround and marble back plate thorough a 3mm gap, taped this…

Now the cold air is now pouring out of the 1mm gap between the wooden frame and wall.

Am I right in thinking that there is something seriously wrong with the fires installation and I need to call an expert before I consider using the fire?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Must say that’s interesting, our fire draws all the warm air from our room, to the point where I can put a 4ft sq x 1/2 inch polystyrene sheet to the front of it and it won’t move lol.

KonaTC

coffeeking

…our fire draws all the warm air from our room

Thats what I though would happen, even what not in use the warm air would be drawn out through the fire, my concern is if cold air gets in then fumes will

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Advice Needed – Open Gas Fire & Draughts’ is closed to new replies.