Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ADvantage or Ignitor on the rear? (Soz!)
  • franki
    Free Member

I’m going to ditch the Mountain Kings on my SS to hopefully replace them with something that works a bit better in the wet. (But not mud-specific, it’s got to roll quite quickly.)

Got a spare ADvantage 2.1, which I tried and liked on the front of my other bike, but should I buy another one for the rear or a 2.1 Ignitor? (Not tried Ignitors at all before?)

Anyone ridden both on the rear and favour one over t’other for those encounterd with day-to-day mud?

Only want to buy one tyre at the mo, as money’s tight due to slack work.

Seamus
    Free Member

I currently run Advantage on the front and Ignitor on the rear, both 2.1. Seems to work well on wet rocky surfaces and also in the current drier conditions. The Ignitor is smaller than the ADvantage if that makes a difference, I am tempted to try an Advantage on the rear next for a bit more cushioning from the larger volume.

jim
    Free Member

ADvantage 2.1 both ends here, don’t have any complaints.

hustler
    Free Member

The ignitor is a narrower tyre I prefer the advantage

simonside
    Free Member

Run a 2.3 Ignitor on the the rear and a Minion 2.35 on the front. Ignitor is way way skinnier than minion but rolls very nicely, although when they loose their “edge” they quickly become a waste of tyre

muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

I run ignitors and mostly like them. They squrim all over the shop though when things get a little soggy.

Have run both on rear and front as pairs. Prefer ADvantages as a rear. these were 2.25 Adv and the 2.3 ign.I found the ignitor fast, but the tread felt a little squirmy on hard pack and floaty on loose stuff. The Adv 60A is my prefered rear.

franki
    Free Member

Cheers!
    ADvantage it is. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ADvantage or Ignitor on the rear? (Soz!)’ is closed to new replies.