Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Adopted a kitten (another cat thread…)
  • mogrim

Seem to have adopted a kitten today: I found the poor mite by the side of the road, looking fairly sorry for itself, it didn’t run off as feral kittens usually do, just sat there mewing weakly. I’m guessing it’s about 3-4 weeks old, the eyes are fully open, ears sticking up, walks around though lacking in feline grace… Anyway, carried it home, left it in a box in the (warm, draught-free) garage in the dark with some water and a little cat feed. It seems to have perked up a bit since then, but is there anything else I ought to do?

Cougar

Take pictures.

kaesae
    Free Member

+1 pictures.

Wouldn’t mind a couple of cats and dogs, but I don’t have the space!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙂

iBaa
    Free Member

Choose a name?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Call it Roper

mintimperial

Get in touch with the RSPCA or the Blue Cross as soon as possible to get some free advice. Cats need jabs to stop them getting horrible diseases, and should be spayed/neutered to avoid repeats of the situation you’ve just found yourself it – those organisations can help cover the cost or put you in touch with other people who will help.

You probably want to get a litter tray and some litter unless you want your garage to stink of cat urine. Balls of paper and bits of string make good free kitten toys. And let the poor thing inside, cats are friendly, sociable animals despite what some people would have you believe, and s/he’s probably feeling a bit lost and lonely…

And yeah, post a picture!

redthunder
    Free Member

Pix………………NOW

kaesae
    Free Member

I refuse to believe anything without proof, PICS NOW!!!!!!!

mogrim

Unfortunately the kitten didn’t pull through, he was pretty ill when I took him in – very underweight, lethargic, and I’m guessing suffering from cat flu or similar, he died 15min ago. No pics.

🙁

mintimperial

🙁

Cougar

Aw.

Sorry dude.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

🙁

Coyote
    Free Member

🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

****! Sorry…was looking to little Roper’s progress.

RIP Lil’ Roper 🙁

King-ocelot
    Free Member

🙁

mogrim

Thanks for the kind replies, kids are pretty gutted too.

matthyaa
    Free Member

🙁 poor thing.

hels
    Free Member

Thats a shame poor wee thing. They don’t do well taken away from their mothers that early anyway, she shows then how to fend for themselves, use the litter tray etc. Sad life lesson for the kids too.

cranberry
    Free Member

It is very sad that the little fella didn’t make it, however some good might come from this incident when you realise that you have space in your family for a rescue cat.

The Blue Cross

nuke

🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

kids are pretty gutted too.

What cranberry said.

Also imo don’t get just one cat/kitten…..get at least two. Better for them, and better for you imo – more entertaining and basically the same amount of ‘work’, if you can call it that.

redthunder
    Free Member

🙁

cranberry
    Free Member

If Ernie is going to agree with me I reserve the right to change my opinion. 🙂

Get 2 cats instead.

Oh crap, I’ve just agreed with him.

*goes off for a lie down*

mogrim

It is very sad that the little fella didn’t make it, however some good might come from this incident when you realise that you have space in your family for a rescue cat

Didn’t really want another cat, tbh – already live in a bit of a zoo with two rescue dogs, free cat from a neighbour, turtle+fish… When I saw the poor bugger looking ill by the side of the road I took it home, but it certainly wasn’t planned… Current cat spends all day and a lot of nights outside, there are loads of cats round here so I don’t think it needs another friend!

kiwijohn

Since no pics were forthcoming, here’s our new family member, Ned the hungry breast.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Adopted a kitten (another cat thread…)’ is closed to new replies.