Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Adjustable seatposts – Remote or not?
  • happysnapper
    Free Member

I'm looking at getting a pure racing adjustable post but I'm not sure whether or not to get the remote lever version.

Looks like the pain of having a cable vs the convenience of the lever and an extra £40 in my pocket.

Does anyone have any experience of both or opinions either way.

grumm
    Free Member

I've got the non-remote – kind of wish I got the remote one tbh. It's still a very handy thing, but I suspect with the remote one you would use it a bit more.

Be warned though mine has nasty scored stanchions, quite a bit of play, and sometimes goes down without you pulling the lever.

happysnapper
    Free Member

I was looking at the non remote to keep the cables tidy.

The rest of it doesn't sound too good. Is it something that Superstar are going to sort out?

Thanks for your reply

Blurboy
    Free Member

Got the remote version and I use it a lot. I also have scored stanchions, I'm not an engineer but this looks to be a design problem, and it is high (but easy) maintenance – every few rides. Problems include the lock ring unscrews in use and the unit gets stiff in use – sometimes needs a bump to get it to come back up especially when due a service. I have very little play and it doesn't go down unless by intent. The remote lever is a very weak design and I have had one replaced already under warranty. Wouldn't be without it now, and it provides lots of utils, but would question the price paid.

druidh
    Free Member

Buy cheap – buy twice.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Superstar are on the case of the scored post and you should return your post to them if it is in warranty. The bushing system is being re-manufactured by the manufacturers. This is not just a UK/Superstar issue.

I can't see why you wouldn't get the remote. The best bit is being able to drop the post 'on-the-fly', and with a well positioned lever you don't need to take your hand off the bars.

grumm
    Free Member

Got mine cheap from somewhere in France and they aren't answering my emails 🙁

Despite the problems I still wouldn't be without it really.

stumpyjon

Got a remote with my Joplin, wouldn't be half as good without it, get a remote.

goog
    Free Member

get the remote ! I got them on both my speedball and cobra

Northwind

Definately remote, to do otherwise is pretty much idiocy. Don't ask me how I know, all I'll say is it's possibly I'm an idiot and now I need to buy another expensive seatpost 🙄 Non-remote seatposts are exclusively for the purpose of proving how brilliant the concept of an adjustable seatpost is, while still withholding half of the actual usefulness.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I'd definitely recommend the remote version. The main selling point of these posts is to drop them on the fly as and when you desire and it's much easier doing it using a lever next to your thumb instead of removing a hand from the bars and sticking it between your legs. It's well worth the extra outlay.

tangobravo
    Free Member

My post has just come back from pure and it works a treat now. Just email them if your having a problem and they will sort it for you in a week or so.

psychle
    Free Member

as mentioned by all, go the remote. I can't see the point really otherwise… The best thing about my GD is the ability to drop the seat at any point without having to take a hand off the bars… bloody brilliant and totally useful out on the trail 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Didn't get mine from Pure sadly 🙁

BTW there def is a point to having the non-remote one, it's still great but I suspect the remote would be much better.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Adjustable seatposts – Remote or not?’ is closed to new replies.