Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Activesport….legit?
  • andeh

Activesport

Not used them before, are they good to deal with? Any horror stories?

Cheers

neninja
    Free Member

Been a fair few horror stories on here. They trade under another name – Mark Anthony Bikes too.
    Generally the great deals they have on the website they don’t actually have in stock.

Google them – it’s enough to make you look elsewhere.

Northwind

One of only 2 shops I’ll never deal with again, the other being the dreaded Dave Hinde. Both absolutely terrible. I wouldn’t mind Mark Anthony’s lies so much if they at least put a little effort into it.

smiff
    Free Member

hah, i once phoned ActiveSport (simple stock question i think) and yes he was as rude as everyone says. there are loads of great bike shops so why use them…

andeh

Cheers for that guys, I’ll keep away. They just had a wheel in, that I wanted, at what appeared to be very cheap. Sounds like it wouldn’t be worth the hassle for the sake of a few quid.

woodsman
    Free Member

I must be lucky, as I googled them for a Middleburn crank set, phoned them up and paid by card, items arrived next day.

Give them a ring, double check that they have stock.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Yeah I bought some fox travel spacers from them and everything was fine.

cheburashka
    Free Member

Avoid them like the plague. The only things I’ve ordered from them (two orders a year apart) both turned up weeks late and damaged due to being badly packed. If you order something and have to enquire as to its whereabouts expect to be met with genuine abuse and lies from the owner.

I rang them last year asking about a frame they had on their website, was met with sarcasm on the phone from Mark Anthony the owner for having the audacity to ask if a) they had the frame in stock on their premises and b) if I could collect. This was a ti frame they had listed as £1500 ish, if they’re abusive on the phone when you’re looking to spend that sort of money with them then that tells you all you need to know.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Ordered a stem from them once, arrived a few days later than I would have liked. But no real issues.

matt007
    Free Member

Ive used them a few times, through website and ebay. Not had any probs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Activesport….legit?’ is closed to new replies.