Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Disc brakes help.
  • izakimak
    Free Member

I've got some air trapped in the front brake and when i squeeze the lever it goes all the way to the bar's but there is no movement at all from the piston's. iirc it's possible to cure this by leaving the bike upside down over night and alloowing the air in the system to migrate to one end, if i do this do i need to leave the lever clamped to the bar's or not? I don't have a bleed kit so i can't go down that route and beside's i've drunk way to much wine to be pissing around with brake fluid.

grumm
    Free Member

Sounds like they really need bleeding. What brakes are they? You can do most apart from Avids without a bleed kit I think.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If you have that much air in there's no way they'll work safely without being bled, it would help if you said what make and model they are. Some hope brakes can be "gravity bled" at a push, but you still need to add more fluid.

If you want to enjoy your wine, and ride in the morning, I hope you have a friend who can lend you whole front brake.

izakimak
    Free Member

They are hayes stroker ryde's, sound's like i'm going to be swapping brakes in the morning. 😥

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Disc brakes help.’ is closed to new replies.