Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • A week biking in Sept – where would you go?
  • ichabod
    Free Member

I’m looking for inspiration for a trip in the second week of Sept. I gather that most resorts are closed by that point. Also, our group are not mega gnarcore and a one or two only have 120mm bikes. Are there any easier resorts still open? Failing that can anyone give me some tips for good non-resort destinations in Europe? I have already been to Finale Ligure and liked it so something similar would be great!

Cheers!

julians
    Free Member

Southern spain in the sierra nevada area.

Theres a few guiding companies out that way,but the one I’ve used is Switchbacks AM . Really good van assisted riding, they’ll tailor the riding to your requirements, so no issues with it being too hardcore etc. They’ll sort out all the accomodation and transfers to/from the airport. You fly to Malaga, so easy and cheap for flights etc.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Garda.
    Brilliant mix of trails serviced by uplift http://www.bikeshuttletorbole.com/index_eng.php
    Oh, and there’s a Liteville test bike centre now open in Torbole if they want to try a bigger bike.

coogan
    Free Member

Whiteroom have spaces available for the second two weeks of September. Can’t recommend them highly enough, awesome folk and truly amazing trails.

timraven

AQR in the Pyrenees are still open then I believe. Great riding there.
    Bikevillage are in the Alps, likewise.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Based right on the beach with perfect weather in September to enjoy.
    Stunning singletrack rides with plenty of bus uplift during the day & fun après-bike on the coast at night.
    http://www.sierramtb.com fantastic biking since 1992

michaelcycle
    Free Member

September is my favourite month in Garda… if I could only have one month there, it would be September.

haggis1978

Tenerife and go with Darran at Lavatrax. 30 mile downhill runs! Had a phenomenal 2 weeks over there where I went out with him 6 times. 120mm travel is just perfect as well.

mt
    Free Member

Yorkshire is open all of Sept. There is even a special offer on fresh air in the Dales that month. I shall be Quantocking for a week in Sept, I’ll take me coat.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

coogan – Member
    Whiteroom have spaces available for the second two weeks of September. Can’t recommend them highly enough, awesome folk and truly amazing trails.

+1

The trail on the Backcounry weeks (no lifts but shuttles) that I’ve done are great http://www.whiteroomchalet.com/backcountryweeks.htm#.U-mXMfmSy_Z
    If it wasn’t on the wrong side of the world I’d be there again.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just come back from an awesome week with BasqueMTB and would happily go back in September. Actually, a couple of friends are doing just that.

badnewz
    Free Member

I’ve not been myself, but after reading the review in the Singletrack mag, I’d be very tempted to go RideIbiza.

michaelcycle
    Free Member

There is a group of 5 going out w/c 20th September, 2 guys and 3 girls from the club and there is a spare place in the apartment that they would be happy to fill if the dates work? [/url]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘A week biking in Sept – where would you go?’ is closed to new replies.