Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • a trip to mull
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

sometimes you forget that you aint seen all of your own country and get caught up in globetrotting. Took a wee trip to the west – having only ever been to arran before there was alot more of the islands to be seen and what better way than by bike.

calgary bay

tobermory – HOW BUSY IS THIS PLACE !! jebus !

how clear is that water on the coast of iona !

gave the guys on the tandem a rest day from carrying all that weight – jebus that made the hills hard work !

fingals cave on staffa

very nice place by bike – would be rather a bore by car – youd be round it in a day ! its all about the sights and wild camping over there. woke up to lots of lovely views and went to sleep to amaizing west coast sunsets !

wallace1492
    Free Member

Brilliant…. Its good in a Campervan too, get all the wild places. Calgary is excellent. It is indeed my favourite island.

steviegil
    Free Member

Great photos! I spend alot of time working on Mull and its a stunning place, but I would imagine its a fair old slog on a bike around the island as its not exactly flat nor small..so good effort 8)

jcromton
    Free Member

You should have stopped in for a cuppa!

Great photos.

Chris

trail_rat
    Free Member

chris – would have given you a shout but we rode out of fortwilliam via lochaline and back via kilchoan.

wallace1492
    Free Member

Done that route myself. Over to Lochaline from Strontian aint exactly flat either! Great photos….. hope the midges kept away.

trail_rat
    Free Member

nah its quite hilly but the quarter tonne tandem meant i got to lie in the sun on the big rock at the something for a while 😀

cafe in strontian is good – good strong coffee , its quite hard to get a cup of coffee on mull…. calgary farmhouse did good and that was it – tobermory chocolate shop was gash and so was the pub at craignure – the coffee shop there looked good as it was insanely busy but we were drookit so wanted somewhere warm to sit !

Yetiman
    Free Member

Cheers trail rat, that’s brought back some fantastic memories. I can’t quite believe I was last there in 1985 (getting home in time to watch Live Aid)……where on earth does the time go 😯

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘a trip to mull’ is closed to new replies.