Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • a thought on trolling
  • aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

(and before the smart ar5es start i'm not trolling)

If trolling is asking questions on a forum to gain a reaction rather than asking valid questions i.e. already knowing the answer or outcome of the question just to get replies – does that not mean all the questions on the bike forum (what full sus? what tyres? and in the autumn, what lights?) surely are trolling as they've been answered a thousand times before.

Or is it just about smugness from people getting in first to point and shout "TROLL"

BlingBling
    Free Member

LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

keep up the good work and you will soon achieve 'billygoat' status :o)

GaryLake
    Free Member

The Devil is in the detail.

Why does a Soul cost so much more than a 456 (asked today in the I hate Cotic thread) could be troll, could be plain ignorance.

RE: tyre threads, usually this is people just too lazy/ignorant to search.

Usually classic trolling will be asking something to be controversial and cause trouble but trying to disguise it as an innocent question – like, What's so good about an Orange Five and why does it cost so much? Is almost guaranteed trolling… lol

GaryLake
    Free Member

Or you know…

Troll!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Who's that trip-trapping on my bridge?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

One of my favourites was something along the lines of 'I have just received a photo of a 20 year old graduating. It was from a girl I knew briefly but intimately 20 years 9 months ago. Should I make contact?'

Just a chance it was genuine. Just enough sauce to make it fun to reply. Great opportunity to spout on at length why desperately trying to change your blood group before your ex-girlfriends came knocking.

wwaswas

the 16 stone bloke mis-whacking an SFN into the carbon steerer tube of a pair of SIDS was a good one.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

My wife's older than me, we never had children. Now I want kids and she can't have then so should I dump her?

That got a good debate going.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Why does a Soul cost so much more than a 456 (asked today in the I hate Cotic thread) could be troll, could be plain ignorance.

🙄 I asked it yesterday actually, and the way I worded my question should have been enough, it's in the detail!!!. Every intelligent answer on there took my question in the spirit. Ignorance or just not being a bike nerd?

GaryLake
    Free Member

B.A.Nana: sorry dude, I was using that as a genuine example that could be taken either way, not suggesting it actually was trollish! 😮

BigDummy
    Free Member

I thought you were an attention whore rather than a troll WCA? 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Bit of both really but mainly i just get bored easy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘a thought on trolling’ is closed to new replies.