Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • A route to ride near Rotherham
  • oblique
    Free Member

I work in Rotherham and live in Casltford and i was thinking about going out for a ride after work one day next week. Done anyone have any opinions on where i should ride and a route to take?

I have never ridden down this way so would need help making a route to take in the best bits.

ads678

What sort of stuff, There’s DH stuff at Warnecliffe/Grenoside. or head into the peaks, round ladybower way.

Or do you mean ride from work?

rob
    Free Member

Ride home
    Sustrans route 62 and 67 30 miles on easy tracks.

oblique
    Free Member

I am looking for some XC type stuff. Not realy up for DH but something more chalenging than the trans pennine trail.

I have ridden the trans pennine from my house down to Rotherham. want to find something new.

ahwiles
    Free Member

there’s loads of lovely singletrack in and around Grenoside woods, just off J36, this is easily linked with the singletrack in wharncliffe.

you’ll need an OS map if you want to stay ‘legal’…

and there’s some stuff around rother-valley

gazc
    Free Member

buy one of these and go and explore! 😀

antigee

there’s loads of lovely singletrack in and around Grenoside woods, just off J36, this is easily linked with the singletrack in wharncliffe.

you’ll need an OS map if you want to stay ‘legal’…

don’t think i’d worry too much – Grenoside woods = open access and stuff that connects is well signposted
    Wharncliffe Woods is open access excluding the open “chase”
    there is only one actual Bridleway in all of Wharncliffe Woods! oh the power of the landed gentry – old enough to remember when access was something like sundays and wednesdays only

mind you a map to help with not getting lost might help as can be a bit tricky

edit “stuff that connects well signposted” meant bridleways in – nothing in woods is signposted and most of the signs on the partly destroyerd red circuit in wharncliffe are missing or where when i moved away last summer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘A route to ride near Rotherham’ is closed to new replies.