Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • A question that you may never have thought of…(medical based)
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Can people fart when they are under general anaesthetic?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well they can whilst normally asleep, so probbly.

crikey
    Free Member

Yes.
    Dead people can too.
    Theatre nurse for 10 years, ITU nurse for 13.

Junkyard
    Free Member

well if dead people can I would assume so – probably why you cant eat befroe an operation as they dont want a laughing surgeon

Stoner
    Free Member

I cant fart whilst cycling sitting down though 🙁

in fact I cant fart whilst cycling standing up either. I have to freewheel to fart.

How do track cyclists fart?

trailmonkey

crikey, that’s the definition of thread killer.

its got to be against stw rules to actually have the knowledge that people are seeking.

RustySpanner

If you can explain why on earth you need this info, I’ll be very impressed.

in fact I cant fart whilst cycling standing up either. I have to freewheel to fart.

Right, that’s a challenge if ever I heard one. 😀

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Awesome!

That’ll be why the surgeon snapped the screw in my wrist last week then. I was holding in a trump immediately before getting KO’d!!!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – I am going into theatre tomorrow to watch a couple of operations. I was discussing this with my wife and she commented that the most difficult thing for her in theatre was the complete lack of dignity of the patient. This eventually led to the subject of farts, which brought up the question above.

Stoner
    Free Member

the msot difficult thing for her in theatre was the complete lack of dignity of the patient

what is she doing to her patients? drawing evil eyebrows and goatie beards on their faces while they’re out?

RustySpanner

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

Rust Spanner – I am going into theatre tomorrow to watch a couple of operations. I was discussing this with my wife and she commented that the msot difficult thing for her in theatre was the complete lack of dignity of the patient. This eventually led to the subject of farts, which brought up the question above.

Ta for that 🙂

What sandwiches are you taking? I had corned beef and pickle – didn’t fancy them much at lunchtime 😀

scaredypants

raspberry jam, fo’ sho’ !!

re farting – they don’t count unless you muscle ’em out, surely

“nul points for flaccid leakage; not in this game”

Pickers

Yes.
    Dead people can too

Can they follow through as well?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Taking BLT sandwiches. Canteen sells salads though so I might go for that. I suspect I will have a big breakfast just to make sure though.

RustySpanner

Pickers – Member

Yes.
    Dead people can too

It’s pretty much standard procedure, I’m afraid 😯

Pickers

Yes.
    Dead people can too

It’s pretty much standard procedure

Probably shouldn’t have asked

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

A mate of mine sharted on the operating table.

Trouble was, he had just bin given his diamorphine and was about to go under anaesthetic. The surgeon insisted the operation went ahead as scheduled though, as he had a load of patients to get through.

I don’t think any of the other staff were very happy about it. And the nurses left him stewing until he came round again. 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Lack of dignity….

I’ve had my tonsils out, my appendix out and my haemorrhoids done in the theatre I worked in.

After the tonsillectomy I realised that I get a bit chatty post anaesthetic, trying to convince my manager to hop on the trolley with me…

After the haemorrhoids, I was presented with some lovely still photos of the inside of my colon..

After the appendix I woke up with exactly half my pubic hair shaved off, and, thanks to an ileo-inguinal nerve block, an erection. The nurse recovering me admitted years later she had to call a number of colleagues to check my wound.

Dignity is way over-rated.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Crikey – that is absolute quality. It’s a couple of joint replacements that I’m supposed to be going to see tomorrow, so it should be good. I dont think I’m squeamish and didnt wince at seeing childbirth, but I’m pretty sure that we’ll find out tomorrow.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Well that was truly fascinating.

crikey
    Free Member

It’s great isn’t it?
    There’s really no better way to understand how it all fits together and works or doesn’t work than actually seeing it.

Stoner
    Free Member

LOL@Crikey

crikey
    Free Member

Er, yes okay that sounds a bit Nazi experimentation, but from a learning point of view, its true!

Stoner
    Free Member

its not the science crikey, it’s the boner. 😉

my humour is tickled at such a base level….

RustySpanner

Not enough lettuce?

Go on then, tell us. Did you enjoy it?

crikey
    Free Member

Oh, I see!

To be honest I thought I would wake up with a ribbon tied around it. Theatre nurses are a particular breed….

househusband

After reading Crikey’s post… surely I can’t be the only one wondering if you can ejaculate when under general – or didn’t they take any photos of that?!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I loved it. Operation went on a fair bit longer than the textbook would suggest. There was a wee bit of blood spurtage, plenty smells of burning flesh (which incidently is not unlike singed hair). All in all a very good day, and I look forward to seeing another operation.

From a learning point of view I can definitely see that it will come in useful whwn rehabing the person and others like them.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘A question that you may never have thought of…(medical based)’ is closed to new replies.