Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • A philosophical question on murder.
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Killing members of your own species is generally not natural

Happens all the time in the animal kingdom dunnit? Male Lions will kill the offspring of other males before taking over a pride so he can mate with the mother, for example.

shooterman

Probably would be dead. Definitely would have killed someone.

chewkw
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

If there were no murder laws would you: A – still be alive and B – have killed anyone yet?

A. Yes, will still be alive.

B. No, if they have seen my zombie Bennelli shotguns. (preventive)

C. If they push their luck … yes, Bennelli shotguns will answer them (note Bennelli is auto reload so very fast).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Happens all the time in the animal kingdom dunnit?

Well I saying it doesn’t happen all the time. Most species do not kill members of their own species most of the time. Sometimes some species sometimes kill members of their own species. But generally they don’t. Obviously you don’t agree with me though.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’m just saying it’s natural in the animal kingdom and quite common, which it is.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And I’m just saying it generally isn’t natural in the animal kingdom, which it isn’t.

jon1973
    Free Member

how is something that happens in nature not natural?

jon1973
    Free Member

😈

jon1973
    Free Member

double post

TheFlyingOx

a) most probably – I don’t generally piss people off too much. Apart from the wife, of course.
    b) I initially thought yes, but then I was once offered a free “hit” on someone who at the time I thought really needed it, and I turned it down. My “yes” would have been the same person.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Let me help you Jon, because I get the impression English isn’t your first language.

generally
    adv.
    1. Popularly; widely.
    2. As a rule; usually.
    3. For the most part.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

And I’m just saying it generally isn’t natural in the animal kingdom, which it isn’t.

What do you mean by “generally isn’t natural”? Define: natural. Shirley you just mean that it isn’t common? It only needs one example of one animal regularly killing members of its own species, thus demonstrating that it’s not anomalous, and you have yourself something that could be considered natural. The example I gave of the chimps is sufficient evidence to disprove your assertion.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7XuXi3mqYM[/video]

jon1973
    Free Member

The point is that it DOES generally happen in the animal kingdom. I’m not arguing semantics. Another example is Female Black Widows eat Male Black Widows after they mate. It happens all the time.

chewkw
    Free Member

druidh – Member

But murder is OK when it’s the state that sanctions it, yeah?

Are you on your high horse again? 😆

Answer the questions! Stop being so anal FFS!

Why do you have to answer with a question?

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It happens all the time.

No it doesn’t.

konabunny
    Free Member

Are you on your high horse again?

High Horses kill Low Horses in nature, you know.

TheFlyingOx

No it doesn’t

Erm….. have you googled “cannibalism in the animal kingdom”?
    I’m guessing not.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

have you googled “cannibalism in the animal kingdom”?

No I haven’t, tell me about it…….is it something which most species engage in ?

Is it something which we generally find in nature ?

Are carnivores just as likely to eat their own species as they are other species ?

Burls72
    Free Member

No, yes.

The only difference between a murderer and a hero is the opinion of their peers.

Kevevs
    Free Member

we could kill as we pleased without comeuppance? Then what would all the other laws matter really? cos you could just kill anyone that tried to enforce them. All laws would break down. I’d **** off to the hills on my bike, but I’d fall off and some twunt would come along and take my bike, and hey ho kill me in the process as there is no come-uppance anyway unless I killed hime/her first. Essentially, It’d be all about who has the best weapons and/or defenses – those who can afford them, but they would be overrun sooner or later by the numbers. A bit like a zombie movie. (that’s a train of thought there…)

err a) no b) no

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There are people alive because I can’t afford a hitman

Kevevs
    Free Member

ooh yeah, you’d be so scary if you were rich 😉

buttercup
    Free Member

Yes. Yes.

perhaps, Even if the laws were revoked, there would be the unwritten laws surrounding the sacredness of killing. (Who is to be forgiven, Commitalus[sp]) So laws regardless, just no consequence. Unless you count the brother of the man killing you being granted the right to kill you.

stratobiker – Being a soldier isn’t all about killing is it?

I am unsure you are aware of who a soldier works for.. or what that employers main concern of existence is.. So I will let you know.. Just because a Soldier isn’t there to kill someone, he would be a fool to not accept the fact he might.

Kevevs
    Free Member

it’s probably some psychological test so that those who answered b) yes, can be collated and sent back by SBZ to his head office.

TheFlyingOx

You’re going on my list, ernie_lynch.

emma82
    Free Member

There was a similar discussion about this on mumsnet the other day but in relation to rape. Someone said that if rape was not illegal and sex was offered to a man on a plate, whether the the other person was willing or even conscious ALL men would rape. I thought that was a pretty sad reflection on the interactions she must’ve had with men to date.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘A philosophical question on murder.’ is closed to new replies.